Sign in to follow this  
coffeedave

extract .ini from cat file for VISTA

Hi, am new to this and trying to get things running in Vista. I followed the instructions posted in the knowledge base (I am trying to run FE) and extracted the .ini files with Jells extrator butt , Where do I put the .ini files?

I put them in the folder where the cat file was/is. If I am supposed to put the .ini back into the cat file, how do I do that? Or am I supposed to extract the whole thing and modify the .ini and get rid of the cat file.

Thanks in advance for any help

CoffeeDave

It just needs to go in the correct folder - which file have you extracted?

When you extract a file from a CAT it just makes a copy of the file (you cant add or remove files to CAT files) - so when it goes in the correct folder it takes priority over the original in the CAT - if that makes sense

Excellent, thank you. The files that I extracted were the FLIGHTENGINE.ini and the WWIVERDUN_DATA.INI to make the changes for Vista. They were placed in the folders where the file was extracted from.

I'll recheck everything and give it try,

Thanks,

CoffeeDave

ww1verdun_data.ini goes in .....\Terrain\wwiVerdun\

the other goes in ..........\Flight\

And that is where it gets tricky.

It usually extracts to the root, and may have no effect as they each need to be in the correct folder.

iam73 was working on a little more comprehensive version, but haven't hear from him in a bit...

:dntknw:

That did the trick, found I missed one folder in the file structer. Thank you.

Not to add to much fire but is anyone playing First Eagles online and if yes how do you find a game? Or do I need to get the Expansion Pack?

Thanks,

CoffeeDave