Sign in to follow this  
Wrench

WoI MiG-17F Fresco C EAF Fighter-Bomber Mod

WoI MiG-17F Fresco C EAF Fighter-Bomber Mod

EAF MiG-17F Fresco-C Fighter-Bomber Mod for WoI

This little package of inis and such is my attempt to duplicate the the fighter-bomber mod the EAF performed on their MiG-17's during the 6 Day War.

This mod entails some small data and loadout ini tweeks, adding 2 more bomb stations on the forward, lower fueselage. I have duplicated, as best I can with the available 'parts', the Skar rocket rack, carrying a version of the S-5 FFAR. I have kept the standard UB 16/32 rocket pods on their usual positions, but they are just not used on this mod. (Historical note: the EAF eventually went back to using them in the late 70s )

Included is a modification of MK2's Russian-ized A-4B Skyhawk pit, with most of the insturments reading in the metric system, along with a Russian gunsight. I've also updated it with an audio-only RWR. Don't know if they actually had one...but it'll give you a little better chance against the IDF HAWKs... You also get a new WoI-styled Hangar screen -only available with this mod!!

It is designed for use in WoI; you can however, use it in other versions, but you'll have to find an EAF skin for it. You will be using the Weapons Editor to add the 2 new 'weapons', so MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE WoI VERSION!!!!

Please read the encloses readme for full, detailed instructions - no skin is included, you'll be reusing the stock one

Wrench

kevin stein

Fantastic job :good: but I have 1 problem. when I fly the plane it is a void skin. That is bad. I would like to know if it is my problem. I have WOI pached to the max with the jul 06 weps pack. If there is a problem with my system pls tell me how to fix it.

Once again AWESOME JOB!!!

Yes, you made a mistake somewhere....you DID read the enclose readme I supplied?

As you get to know how things are done with uploads/mods/etc, you'll see in MY readmes, you get full instructions.

Re-read it...me thinks you missed an important line in the "To Install" section

=== To Install: ===

Ok...unzip, as I always reccomend, to a temp folder somewhere that's easy to find.

Then, simply copy/paste the entire "MiG-17_FB" folder into your WoI game install.

Then, copy/paste, the "EAFCamo1" folder from the stock MiG-17F. The inis are already set up for it's use. <---This HERE line???

NOT included is the "MiGEngine.wav" from the Mirage Factory's superb offerings; I hope you have it, as the data ini is set up to use that for the engine sound. If you are using TMFs WepPak, it's already there.

Enjoy!

Wrench

kevin stein