Would it be possible for a ground based jammer to work? I've been flying around the South California (nice work by the way guys :good: ) map and thought that with all those Nike Radars and Missile launcher there could be ground based jammers near by to make it harder for SEAD missions.

Also another idea is this: Say someone made a Blimp or Airship. Could it be possible to mount a jammer on there, have it over a target area (such as a city or warehouse) and have it stay there like the Balloons in the Battle of Britain map?

All that a jammer (in-game) would do is protect the object that's carrying it. It would not saturate the surrounding area with "noise". Keep in mind that home-on-jam capability is modeled quite well in this series.

Another thought; If you managed to equip a ground target with a jammer, it would probably become a magnet for anti-radiation missiles.

What about the Blimp idea?

If you could make ground objects without models and make them have large RCSes, you could hypothetically place alot of them in an area that you want to saturate and set them with KMD to appear at a certain time (i.e. when the player is overhead the area), right?

I just don't know if it'll result in a drop in FPS.

If you could make ground objects without models and make them have large RCSes, you could hypothetically place alot of them in an area that you want to saturate and set them with KMD to appear at a certain time (i.e. when the player is overhead the area), right?

I just don't know if it'll result in a drop in FPS.

Very imaginative, but since you cannot use ground radar for targeting, it don't believe that it would do very much to add to the immersion.

BTW, they would not appear to be "larger" on the display, they would simply be a brighter point source.

That's true...

if the RCS is greater, making it a brighter point source, would that make it more likely to distract/confuse the incomming missiles, or would it just do nothing?

There aren't any radar-guided A2G missiles to distract and A2A ingore ground (but Sidewinder does great damage on buildings :biggrin: ). Maybe you can place fake radars to render ARM and Shrike useless though.

yeah...great idea...

I gotta admit thats funny! :rofl: