Sign in to follow this  
MadJeff

New vid at PCArena

Very cool vid. Im gettin a nice collection of vids showin to mah freinds.

Very nice Work De Janitor, very nice.

Can I nitpick a couple of things??

The A10 in that video didnt sound like an A10 to me. The TF34 turbofans put out a distinctive "whine" and in the video they sounded like general turbojet engines, maybe its me.

Second is the bitchin betty in the A10. It sounds like the same bitchin betty from the russian aircraft as well. Do all the aircraft have the same betty sounds? I didnt think the A10 had a detailed Betty like that heard in the F16 and F15, or even the russian aircraft. Is it one of those little details generalized to save money and time in development?

On a positive note the HUD footage looked like real footage to me and was flat out awsome! The comms sounded very real as well up until the wingman said "bailout" instead of eject.lol I dont think you have heard any pilot who rides an ejection seat say anything other than eject. Bailout sounds too WWII to me.lol :wink::lol:

Dont take my nitpicking the wrong way because I know its a beta, but its just a few little details that caught my eye and ear. :wink:

I asked Carl about the engine sounds. He said they DO sound exactly like "hoovers" in the sim. I think it must have been something with the recording of the vid.

I liked the comms too. The other thing I noticed was they all spoke way too slow, especially the AWACs Air Battle Manager.

That's fine though I guess, it allows most people to actually understand what they are saying.

Yeah, they do sound realistic. I've seen A-10's up close doing demo shows and they sound exactly like what I'm hearing in the sim.