Sign in to follow this  
Spinners

Help required with the Vautour

I've extracted the data.ini and imported an F-105D pit just to get me started and, to my surprise, it flies! It's way faster than I expected and at about 180m AGL it topped out at 1058kph but having just checked Bill Gunstons 'Fighters Of the Fifties' this is actually correct! I love the way the engines seem to spool up too!

Anyway, what loadout screen would be suitable and can the guns be to set to fire lower as the seem almost to fire upwards by one or two degrees.

IDFVautour.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Spinners

Hi to change angle of guns open data file goto internal guns look for this AimAngles=0.0,*.0,0.0 change * to adjust

if AimAngles=0.0,0.0,0.0 not htere just add it... thats your guns sorted

some fighters do have the guns aimed at an elevation relative to y-axis...like the F-15 for instance...this is to provide an edge in ACM...not saying that is the case here, but I would welcome that few extra degrees in a turning fight

Thanks for the aiming tip HHS!

Now I need to find out what on earth the airbrakes are 'really' called so that I can get my decal in position (the stock position is way too far back for my liking). I've tried everything but to no avail!

IDFVautourIIA-104.jpg

Here's what I've for the decals at the moment (3 and 4 are showing);

[Decal003]

MeshName=fuselage_rear

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=LEFT

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-3.25,0.15

Scale=1.50

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal004]

MeshName=fuselage_rear

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-3.25,0.15

Scale=1.50

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal005]

MeshName=Airbrake_Left

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=Left

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-3.25,0.15

Scale=1.5

DecalMaxLOD=3

[Decal006]

MeshName=Airbrake_Right

DecalLevel=0

DecalFacing=RIGHT

FilenameFormat=Insignia

Position=-3.25,0.15

Scale=1.5

DecalMaxLOD=3

Edited by Spinners

1) If you'd look the general instructions in the Knowledge Base "Adding Cockpits", many of the things your running into has been covered

Why you're using the Thud pit, when a perfectly good twin-engine pit is available all over the place, it beyond me.... (cough - F4B - cough)

The issue with gun 'aim angles' has been coverd in some depth somewhere....but lets just run around with it for a while, since I'm sure someone else has the problem, and dosen't want to use the KB we we work so hard on to create, maintain and update......

Most of what's below is coverd in the KB... We're going to skip a lot of steps, like part extraction and cockpit ini editing

First off, make sure the cockpit is placed as close a possible to the pilot's position. Ya get this from the data ini. You can also double check this by looking out the sides fo the cockpit, seeing where the wings root or external ordance is visible from. Using the outside view, you can cross check this as pilot position vs external parts of the plane. Adjust accordingly

2) gun aim angles. Hopefully, you've gotten the pit more or less centered on the pilot's position. The best way to figure out if the guns are shoot through center of the gunsight pipper, is to just be cruising along in level flight. Shoot the gun. Note where the tracers fall...too high, too low??? Most likely they'll be too high. This is a cockpit issue, at least with the Phantom pit.

So we need to lower them. Adjust the MIDDLE of the 3 sets of numbers. In fact, I'll save you some work. These are the numbers I worked out, using the Phantom Pit. Adjust as needed for your Thud

AimAngles=0.0,-1.25,0.0

Day 2 of Game release (when I d/led it), the Vatour was the first aircraft I made flyable. Nothing too it.

as to your decal problem; they're actually where the're supposed to be. If you want to screw around with it, you'll need to extract the aircraft LOD, open it with a hex editor and search for the most likely candidates. Check the data ini for component names.

As to hangar and loading screens, I suppose you haven't actually LOOKED in the downloads section under "Hangar Screens"??? Not more than 10-12 days ago I released a pack with like 8 or 10 screens for WoI, including Hangar and Loading Screens for Vautour -- which have been awaiting a home for 3 years. Toodle on over there, and let us know what you find.

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks Wrench but I'm not in the mood for yet another 'why the f*** can't these muppets refer to the knowledge base' slapdowns.

I've got myself flying using the F-105D pit. It works, I'm flying and I'm happy. Initially I was after two things. My gun aiming lowered and a loadout screen. Thanks to HHS I've got my guns working sweetly while strafing (the best use for this superb aircraft) and I'm not that bothered about the loading screen but I now know how to find a loadout screen in the hanger screen section - thank you.

Not being a rivet counter I just fancied moving the roundel forward that's why I stated "the stock position is way too far back for my liking" so I'm well aware of where it was and, in your parlance, I just fancied screwing around with it.

Well. That's a first! I load up a strike mission in 1967 and as soon as the sim loads I'm on the runway just reaching for the 'B' button for brakes release when the cry of "Bandits" rings out. Fearing that I'm about to be bombed on the runway I take off and press J to jettison my ordnance and I'm surprised when my bomb bay automatically opens and six 750-pounders tumble out. I find the MiG21 having a leisurely cruise back to his base and dispatch him with my cannon before going home for tea and medals.

IDFVautourIIA-201.jpg

PM's have been sent, and on that note we will lock this down.