Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Installing addon Aircraft help please?

Hi all

I cannot seem to find any instructions for installing addon aircraft (of which there are many, and Gorgeous looking ones too)

I have WOV / WOI and WOE (just got them recently)

can anyone link me to a readme for installation please?...or is it just a case of installing directly into the game directories?

thanks in advance

I'm not trying to be a smart alec or anything, but did you happen to read the 'read me' file that came with the file? (90% of the mods come with a readme file).

Hi all

I cannot seem to find any instructions for installing addon aircraft (of which there are many, and Gorgeous looking ones too)

I have WOV / WOI and WOE (just got them recently)

can anyone link me to a readme for installation please?...or is it just a case of installing directly into the game directories?

thanks in advance

I think you need five posts before you can download anything then, as dwcace said just follow the README instructions. Basically all you do is just add (drop and drag) the add on aircraft folders to the Aircraft section in the file tree in the folders that come with the game. There maybe other file/folder 'ingredients' that come with the aircraft . Like sounds go in the sounds folder, the effects go in the effects folder, weapons go in the weapons folder which you may have to create etc. etc.. Look in the knowledge Base here for how to do this.

Hi Guys,

Silly me!!.... Yes, I downloaded the Rar file, extracted to my Desktop...and yes...read the readme!!!

Sorry for being a Dunce!!!!

Glad to hear that you found it! Modding is just like everything else, the more you do it, the more you understand it! :)

I think you need five posts before you can download anything then

No you do not, we got rid of that well over a year ago even then that lasted all of 2 days.

No you do not, we got raid well over a year ago even then that lasted all of 2 days.

Thanks for the update Dave. Seems like I'm a tiny bit out of date. :biggrin:

In other news, Elizabeth II is now Queen of England. :wink:

Hi Guys,

Silly me!!.... Yes, I downloaded the Rar file, extracted to my Desktop...and yes...read the readme!!!

Sorry for being a Dunce!!!!

Despite some of the tounge wagging around here, there are no dumb questions. If you don't know, it is not a dumb question to attempt to try to find out. You are at the right place here at Combat Ace to get answers. Strongly advise that you read through the Knowledge Base as a lot of time and effort has gone into its creation and maintenance. There is soooooooo much to be added to the basic sim that enhances the enjoyment of flying in it. Do not be afraid to attempt anything. You can always wipe the board and start all over.

Welcome aboard! This is the neatest thing in flight sims since sliced bread!

Hi. i have a issue i can't figure out can someone help? i downloaded the Sea Harrier FRS Mk 51 Addon from this site and while the aircraft loads and flys without question the game tells me right away mission complete. i search the area and can't find a single enemy. i have zero experience with modding so i wasn't sure if there was a basic step i overlooked or don't know about. any ideas? please and thank you.

Hi. i have a issue i can't figure out can someone help? i downloaded the Sea Harrier FRS Mk 51 Addon from this site and while the aircraft loads and flys without question the game tells me right away mission complete. i search the area and can't find a single enemy. i have zero experience with modding so i wasn't sure if there was a basic step i overlooked or don't know about. any ideas? please and thank you.

What that tells me is that there are no enemy units available because of a service-date issue. Which game did you install it in?

Newsflash: Galileo thinks men can fly.......

What that tells me is that there are no enemy units available because of a service-date issue. Which game did you install it in?

[/quote

it was installed in WOV. that whould be the problem it think. would changing the service date in the aircraft data file work?

After spending 10 minutes in the Knowledge Base, and NOT finding the post to link too....we'll just cover it right HERE! Then, I guess I'll do a copy/paste and up it to the KB....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First off NEVER NEVER NEVER!!!! mess with the ServiceYear= of an aircraft, unless you are

1) creating a 'nation specific' version that has carved in stone, hard data service years, or

2) correcting a mistake in said service dates

That's covered in another thread in the KB, and not truely relevant here.

Ok, there are 2 files you need to tweek for expanding the available years in ANY of the 3rd Wire games.

Options.ini

Singlemission.ini

Options ini is found in the root directory of your game ie: assuming the standard install path,

C:/ProgramFiles/StrateyFirst/StrikeFighters

or

C:/ProgramFiles/WingsOverVietnam

or

C:/ProgramFiles/WingsOverEurope

or

C:/ProgramFiles/WingsOverIsreal

Open the options ini in any text editor; notepad works really good, and scroll down until you find these entries:

StartYear=

EndYear=

There'll be 3 of them, one in each of the entries for SingleMission, DogFightHost and CoOpMission

Change the start and end years; I use at least a 100 year spread, due to having several WW2 installs. So, it can look something like this for your normal, jets install:

StartYear=1950

EndYear=2050

If you have aircraft pre-dating these years, use the entries below (this will include ALL WW2 style aircraft):

StartYear=1930

EndYear=2050

Plenty of leeway there.

Save and Close the Options ini.

Now, using the Cat Extractor, available here at CA in the Downloads/Utilities section, open the FlightData.Cat, and extract the SingleMission.ini. Remember, the extractor always puts the extracted file into the folder where the cat it's pulled from resides. In this case, it'll be in the /Flight folder.

Open the SingleMission ini, and you'll see this:

[Years]

PeriodStart=1950

PeriodEnd=2050

MaxServiceLife=5

[TargetValues]

MinStrikeTargetValue=05

HeavyStrikeValue=1000

NormalStrikeValue=200

Note, this is my modified one. Also, look at the TargetValues section; these have also been modified, so you'll have a wider variety of targets, based on values assigned in each terrain's **_types.ini. The targets are assigned randomly in single missions, and semi-randomly/partly scripted in campaigns. So, in some missions, you might find yourself being tasked against a high value target such as a HQ building, or something as lowly as a single tent.

Save and close the SingleMission.ini

That's it...your done! Go Fly!!

Wrench

kevin stein

Err, well, just hypothetically speaking, :blink:

What would happen if you were to, say, change the years on a jet?

Leaches, locusts, plague?

I have a friend, yeah, that's it, a friend, who may have changed a few for campaign compatibility or summat...

(use Egyptian accent)

"You have awakened the creeture, who commands the powers of the gods. He will wreeek havok upon the land, and wchen he is fullly rechenerated, will be unstoppable"

imhotep1.jpg

or some such quote from "The Mummy"

Wrench

kevin stein