Sign in to follow this  
EL_RNO

Reno Air Races are coming soon......

Well I am just curious of anyone else who is going to the Air Races here im my home town of Reno. My buddies who I work with at the Airport are on the Rare Bear team and are hoping to win the speed record crown back they set in 1996. The Races start the week of Sept 8 till the 14th. So if anyone is going jot me a line and I will probably see you there.

Here is a video footage from a video shot in April this year of the Rare Bear. My buddy Scott is the one ground crew guy with the Headset. Check it out. Its about 24mb file or so. Right click and save as...

http://www.aafo.com/vid/rare_bear_flight/r...ebearflight.mpg

That was a cool video. Just made me wish more that I could go to the races. Ive always wanted to but just aint been able to swing it. Maybe next year... :(

That Bearcat was pretty well modified wasnt it? Beside the spinner and prop, the fuselage seemed different, almost raised and the canopy lowered or raked to better blend with it. Looked almost like the tail stabilizer was smaller too but could be wrong.

Were the wings shortened even more than a stock Bearcat? Im thinkin those werent even wings, just weapon pylons... :lol:

Betcha that sucker breaks 550mph...go baby!

By the way, found the "RareBear" website here...http://www.rarebear.com/