I made an F-111F mod; that updates the F-111F to a fictional RF-111G Vampire very loosely ispired to Dale Brown's books

It uses works form all those modders who deserve all the credits:

MF's F-16 blk10 avionics and hud.

Some Wrench's nosearts ( I can't resist)

Stealth skin by alfonsofondacaro

F-111F modded datas (of course) by I don't know

F-111F modded cockpit by I don't know

Pavetacksystem mod by me (nothing special and already used in the B-57G; it allows to keep the EO sight even after all paveways are released

Nothing special but it fun to fly. I dlike to release it if possible,

Also it carries AHM and ARMS

Two questions:

@wrench: Dear Gardener of Flowers is there a way to have the name of same Nosearts in another color? MAybe Red, since Black "midnight lace" does not really show very well on the black alfonso's Stealth skin.

second

Is there a way to have double AHM (amraam) rail launchers? Like IRM I mean.

gallery_8037_43_36843.jpg

I mean, red on black is so much better,,

gallery_8037_43_42173.jpg

Edited by Canadair

If you wish to modify the colour of the names of the noseart, that will have to be done in photoshop, paint shop pro etc. A simple colour overlay will do the trick.

If you wish to modify the colour of the names of the noseart, that will have to be done in photoshop, paint shop pro etc. A simple colour overlay will do the trick.

I know but I don't own any of those graphic programs

That's what you need to do what you want.

Is there a way to have double AHM (amraam) rail launchers? Like IRM I mean.

Sure. It would require the creation of a new dual AMRAAM rail (using the LAU-105 that is part of the Weapons Pack) and some aircraft data_modifications. It's basically the same method that has been used to add those Sidewinder rails to the Tornado models.

Edited by Gocad

Sure. It would require the creation of a new dual AMRAAM rail (using the LAU-105 that is part of the Weapons Pack) and some aircraft data_modifications. It's basically the same method that has been used to add those Sidewinder rails to the Tornado models.

That has been accomplished , there was a thread about adding dual amraam stations to F-18, and I adapted that to thisRF-111G

Swinging wings are a little problem so dual Amraam only on inner pylons.

Hud works well,

Dear hrntfxr daddy, I know; I was actually wondering if someone, maybe wrench himself when he reads this topic, would recolor some noseart's names for me

Thus saying how does it work now for permission? Aside from noseart color the plane is basically ready

You don't have to splash out money in order to get a half decent image editting program. Google "the gimp". It is a free program that can do a lot of the work that ones such as photoshop or paint shop pro can also do.

... there was a thread about adding dual amraam stations to F-18

Hmmm, I wonder who started that one. :wink:

Not having GIMP (since I have Photoshops 5, 6, 7), I can't tell you how that program would handle it...

but it PS, I'd open the tga in question, going to the channels tab, so it opens the 4 channels - R,G,B, alpha. You can to into the RGB channel, and just paint over the letters with a lighter color. Since the alpha is just basically a 'hold-out matte' like they used to use in movie special effects, what ever is under it will show right through.

You know, of course, General MacLanahan dosn't allow art ... in fact, as I recall, the HAWC bird dont' have ANY markings at all!!!...

ah, my Kingdon for a MegaFortress...!!!! (still have the DOS game!!)

As to your dual missile laucher, don't there be one in the Bunyap pak??? Like for the CAF Hornets???

WRench

kevin stein

Someone gonna make a Miss Liberty? Becky Furness's RF-111G? wold be ace to get the full squadron... Furness and Mace or Furness and Fogleman....

As to your dual missile laucher, don't there be one in the Bunyap pak???

IIRC I had to make one when I added those inner AMRAAM rails to my F-18, but the model itself is of course present in the pack, since its that for the dual IRM rails.

Not having GIMP (since I have Photoshops 5, 6, 7), I can't tell you how that program would handle it...

but it PS, I'd open the tga in question, going to the channels tab, so it opens the 4 channels - R,G,B, alpha. You can to into the RGB channel, and just paint over the letters with a lighter color. Since the alpha is just basically a 'hold-out matte' like they used to use in movie special effects, what ever is under it will show right through.

You know, of course, General MacLanahan dosn't allow art ... in fact, as I recall, the HAWC bird dont' have ANY markings at all!!!...

ah, my Kingdon for a MegaFortress...!!!! (still have the DOS game!!)

As to your dual missile laucher, don't there be one in the Bunyap pak??? Like for the CAF Hornets???

WRench

kevin stein

Well the whole project is not really based on the book series, if not for the whole concept of modernized old bombers.

I haven't read the book "Chains of Command" either, and the skin too, must be really different from this one

And yes McLAnahan never looked to me like someone who would be pleasd withe sight of naked women on the nose of his planes. too politically correcct. Maybe Elliot, but no too much of a warrior.

Anyway,

Wrench please, would you help with the noseaarts, making the names in different colors?

As you can see , a red lettering would be much better

gallery_8037_43_8084.jpg

on the other hand Girls have new toys

gallery_8037_43_1233.jpg

And they have the tools to use the toys

gallery_8037_43_5808.jpg

Edited by Canadair

Go back into your cockpit ini, and resize your gunsight spec, definatley a little too large... try this one:

GunsightMilSize=50

if it's still too small, go up in increments of 5.

You're missing the mirror textures, too it looks like.

I"ll need to original names, so I can find them in their various aircrafts, to repaint the letters. It's only the matter of a few seconds to paint the RGB layers, just need to know which ones

Wrench

kevin stein

Go back into your cockpit ini, and resize your gunsight spec, definatley a little too large... try this one:

GunsightMilSize=50

if it's still too small, go up in increments of 5.

You're missing the mirror textures, too it looks like.

I"ll need to original names, so I can find them in their various aircrafts, to repaint the letters. It's only the matter of a few seconds to paint the RGB layers, just need to know which ones

Wrench

kevin stein

I don't use mirrors, sigh Comp can't afford them.

Those are the girls I picked for this plane, but feel free to suggest or add more (most of them are from the P-51 and the B-29, although they are spreading on my install) (my idea was to pick blondes and redheads which do well on black)

01 Roving Redhead (already in red)

02 Midnight Velvet

03 Tall and Proud

04 Dangerous Curves

05 The Lady in Black

06 Mighty Fine II

07 Lady Eve II

08 Long Distance

09 Forbidden Fruit

10 Little Miss Mischief (already in red)

11 A Bit O' Lace

12 Temptation's Eyes

13 Target for Tonight

14 Bad Little Bettie (already in red, a!)

Also, why resizing the gunsight? I don't understand you here, there is no gunsight, that in the picture is MF F-16 hud and avionics, slightly modified to allow use of ahm. That would be an AHM ASE and not a gunsight

Edited by Canadair

So if I omit .lods and cockpit file and I only release the modded skin (assuming I have wrench's and alfonso permission) I can release the plane, right?

The cockpit ini treats the IRM and AHM ranging circles thingys as 'gunsights'. That's how I tweeked them for the F-104S-ASA-M.

'midnight velvet?' I don't recognize that one... and I don't think 'bit'o lace' is mine..where'd you get it??

to answer the release quesiton, yes, Include a link to Dr. Wherner's site for the Vark pit. You can, however, inclued modified cockpit inis and any other parts the end user will need to add to it; put 'em in a seperate folder called "add to vark pit" or something llike that.

Ever notice how many times Bettie Paige shows up in those nose arts?? :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

The cockpit ini treats the IRM and AHM ranging circles thingys as 'gunsights'. That's how I tweeked them for the F-104S-ASA-M.

'midnight velvet?' I don't recognize that one... and I don't think 'bit'o lace' is mine..where'd you get it??

to answer the release quesiton, yes, Include a link to Dr. Wherner's site for the Vark pit. You can, however, inclued modified cockpit inis and any other parts the end user will need to add to it; put 'em in a seperate folder called "add to vark pit" or something llike that.

Ever notice how many times Bettie Paige shows up in those nose arts?? :haha:

Wrench

kevin stein

Oh Wrench, I wish I too had many Girls as you do to forget those that I have.

"A bit o' lace" is form the B-29, 91stBG, from your site

The other one was "midnight lace", and not "velvet", , my mistake and I got from the RAf fictional F-15; is the blonde showing her leg from the slit of the dress in the first RF-111G pic that you can see in this thread.

As for Bettie Page, don't we all love her?

Edited by Canadair

Okei I am done. If Wrench and MF and fondacoagree, I will release the planes, with my modded inins, wrench's noseart, (although the repainted letters would be great to have!) and alfonso's skin.

Waiting for permission,..

Bad Little Bettie got big toys

gallery_8037_43_11664.jpg

Her friend Darling Tracy is using them

gallery_8037_43_19247.jpg

Naughty Naughty Girls!

Edited by Canadair

I just noticed something very very un.nice which I really think is unjust.

Until further explanations and clarifications I am not posting

MAybe no.one will miss me

And it might look childish, but what happened, unless is a big misunderstanding, is even more childish

I hope everythign gets clearer soon