Sign in to follow this  
PG_Raptor

FS2004 Plane textures

Hey, simviation.com has a bunch of fixes for aircraft textures in FS2004. They put the best textures on the plane, no matter what your MIP setting is at. They look really good, and so far I havn't noticed a big hit on fps, maybe a frame or two at the most. Look under FS2004 Props and Civil Jets in the downloads section.

Oh, and one other thing, does anyone know how to get the water textures to look better? either in the game or through a third-party download?

I think Dagger made a post about that. There is a download for it, and I have it, but have not looked at it yet.

NavyChief

It's called OceanFX2 and it makes a big difference in how the water looks. Do a search for it at www.avsim.com or www.flightsim.com

Ok, I downloaded and installed the program, and everything seems to be working. Except now I'm at a loss to how the program works. Does it just replace all the default textures, then automatically create the waves with the chosen wind, or do you have set that stuff with the Wave configuration thing? Any help please?

yes you have to configure it...just takes a sec. and looks great.

well, i did some of the things like "moderate wind" and "deep sea" and such. Do you have to do that for every possible combination, or does the program only allow one to be installed at a time?

well, I installed all the diferent combonations of wavesets that there were, and strangly enough, gained about half a GB on my hard drive... but the textures are still showing the default. What could I be missing? I'd really like to get this installed, as it looks like it'll be a LOT better than the default textures.

did you make that folder and install it in your textures folder?

did you make that folder

what folder?

and install it in your textures folder?[

Yeah, they installed to the "FS2004sceneryworldtextures" folder.

Ok in your scrnery folder make a new folder name it"world".inside that one make another folder and name it"texture".now inside that is where you paste the contents of one of folders inside"Global Water Textures" now your set.(just to be safe i also pasted them inside teh reg.textures folder.

Ok, perhaps I should explain what I did, than maybe you can correct me or something.

Once downloaded and unziped, I ran the setup program. I installed it in C:...FS2004Addon SceneryOceanFX2. It created the Documentation, Images, and Zip Files folders, with their respective stuff. I then put oceansfx.zip and oceanstx.zip into the Zip Files folder. I then ran OceanFX.exe. Once that came up, I put in the path for FS2004, set a waveset, set a direction, set a corresponding swell direction, and seafloor appearance, and hit install. I got the confirmation that it had been installed. I installed with every combonation I could think of.

Now, is there somethign I missed, or need to change? Or have I stumped you? :D

ok try making the folder in the scenery folder called world like in my last post.try that..it worked for me.