Question for those who truly know about the F-111 Vark, which one out of the pack would/could be considered the most advanced F-111 out there and yes this is the first time I've actually downloaded the F-111 and would like to know which flavour is the most capable. Any insights ? Cheers.

In real life it was the "F" model.

Strongest engines, pave tack pod, updated avionics, comparatively.

I believe this is also the case in the pack, and there were experimental ones being tested by the 431st TES, not TFS, as included.

There were "G" models that were FB-111's with "D" models wings, and an "A" model with 90's style MFDS.

Did I go overboard? I used to wrench the grey "WA" ones, so can get carried away...

Without being a pest, which model in game according to you (Spec) would represent the most high-tech F-111 ?

EDIT:- Nevermind, you did say that the F model was represented quite accurately in game as well. Thanks Spec.

Edited by Atreides

Cool site, and it looks, from the glance I gave it, to be right.

I was unaware the F-111G lived in Australia. Thought all they had were their C's.

Too cool...

Cool site, and it looks, from the glance I gave it, to be right.

I was unaware the F-111G lived in Australia. Thought all they had were their C's.

Too cool...

Here is the link to his whole "American Military Aircraft" site:

http://home.att.net/~jbaugher/uscombataircraft.html

Joe is the only source I trust on the Internet. For anything else, I go to books. ;)

EDIT: Forgot, I trust the Air Vectors site as well:

http://www.vectorsite.net/indexav.html

How about the EF-111A Raven? Just off the top of my head for the most advanced. Dale Brown's Chains of Command is a good book to get to know the Vark. Force of Eagles also has the F-111. Theres this one scene where the pilot singes a Mirage who gets to close in an airshow,with the fuel dump.

Isn't that the same one where a `Vark gets hit by a MANPAD, and when the capsule separates, it catches one as well?

Hated that scene.

As to the Spark-vark, it was advanced electronically, but based on an F-111A airframe. Big canoe mounted on top of the tail full of gizmos.

It also had to fly high to get the ECM coverage for the strike package, which was never one of the `111's fortés...