Sign in to follow this  
pcpilot

FLYABLE SU-7B! w/ Loadout Screen!

I dont know if you fellas know about this aircraft or not. But I was parusing the forums and come upon a post by Major Lee telling about some great new Mig skins on his website. Well I suantered on over there and viola! there they were as pretty as you please. A fella made 3 real nice looking Camo Mig skins that you gotta see. On top of that, Major Lee has a FLYABLE SU-7B! I unzipped it into the appropriate folders, (Make sure you read the readme, vital), and fired up the game. There was even a SU-7 launch page in the single player mode. The plane flew great and looked great although it uses the F-100 cockpit. I flew a C.A.P. mission and nailed 4 F-100's with guns only! Am I good or what? The plane looked good with a black skin with in this case Russian markings.

Now if we can get better AI pilots that join in the fight and dont just fly circles, we'll be stylin". 8)

His website is http://www.majorlee.net/.

Just had a thought... hope I didnt step on your toes Madjeff by posting this about a different website. My motives were pure, I was hoping to tell the community about something neat I found...

My apologies if this wasnt kosher...

Hehehe, sounds like I need to make an "official" post on this subject as I've had several people worry about this. :lol:

As far as I'm concerned, this is a "community" website, and it's put here to enable the exchange of ideas, files and other stuff pertaining to the Strike Fighters and LOMAC community. If there's a good mod or skin somewhere, we want to hear about it! I don't care if the skin or mod is hosted here or somewhere else.

As for other SF sites being "competition", I don't view it that way at all. As far as I'm concerned sites like SkunkWorks and Major Lee's Aerodrome are buddies, not rivals. Some of our stuff overlap, while other areas compliment each other's site. And I can't speak for the other sites, but they are always welcome and encouraged to join in here with discussion, announcements, etc. at any time! :wink:

So do not be afraid to post this kind of info here. To be honest, I will usually beat you to the punch when it comes to announcing stuff I see at other sites. :D

Its pretty easy to make ANY of the AI aircraft flyable. I outlined the process in the Mods Forum. Albeit, I don't include special loadout screens :), but its pretty easy to do.

I found your post about making the aircraft flyable SD. I have been working on the MiG-17, -19, and -21. They are all flyable now in my game's single player. I am now working on making my own hanger BMP's and loadout BMP's.

I was wondering though about the AvionicsDLL and the AvionicsDataFileName in the various aircrafts' configuration settings that are in each aircrafts' folder. I used the A-4C avionics as well as her cockpit for the Mig-17 and -19. For the Mig-21 I used the F-104 avionics as well as cockpit. Does the avionics mean that the migs fly like F-104's and A-4's? Or is that simply a referance to the guages or something else? I am hoping that the AircraftDataFile used in the configuration file is what holds the performance for each aircraft. Am I even making sense here? My middle initial is "B" for babble...

By the way, thanks Jeff, thats a fine attitude to take on the community. I hope all the sites display that sort of comaraderie. This game will go a LOT farther if so.

Its just a reference to the gauges and type of radar, so if you give a MiG-21 the F-104 cockpit, it will only be able to 'see' at 20 and 40 miles ranges. Since I used an A-4 cockpit for the other MiG's, they have A2G radar.

Thanks SD, Thats what I was hoping. The A-4's A2G radar in the Mig-19 is a good choice I suppose since it can do ground attack. I dont know if it actually had such a thing though...