Sign in to follow this  
Guest Sony Tuckson

Pilot skin

Guest Sony Tuckson

Up to now, only was pilot skin was usable and all crew were dressed alike, whatever planes they flew or country they served... :shock: :shock:

Those times are over !!!!

Damwaar found a way to allow different skins.

This system allows for each aircraft type to get his own pilot and skin (no way to allow a skin per aircraft skin tough....but it's already much better since now russian fighters can have a pilot with something else than a US helmet on...)

now for the technical....

you need to extract 4 files or get those Damwaar prepared...

(pilot.lod, pilot.ini, pilot.bmp, pilot_lod002.lod)

the PILOT.LOD file must then be edited with an hexadecimal editor

Look for PILOT.BMP in this file and change it to PILOT2.BMP

then save this change file into PILOT2.LOD

create a PILOT2.ini file with adapted entries...

copy those 3 files into the AIRCRAFT directory of the game

Edit the data.ini file of the plane you want to assign this new pilot to and adapt the pilot entry from PILOT to PILOT2.LOD for the nodename value

extract also PILOT_LOD002.LOD and rename PILOT2_LOD002.LOD and copy in the same folder (no mod for this file)

Now, up to you to create the nice PILOT2.BMP to use.... (use pilot.bmp as a base... :wink: )

Files for one extra pilot are avbl here (with all data.ini corrections for russian planes..)

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/damien.arnoux/russ...sian_helmet.zip

Thank you very much DAMWAAR

Thanks Sony for posting this info and "mucho" thanks to Damwaar for this mod! Damwaar, if it's not too much trouble would you mind making a few more pilot.lod"s? I've looked at a few hex editors and since I'm not too good at data mods doubt that I'll achieve the same results. I've added this pilot to all my Soviet aircraft and it looks great. for those who may want to use this just right click on the image and "save picture as" to your Desktop. then open MS Paint and "Save As' .Bmp.....drop it in your Aircraft folder and you should be good to go.

PS; do you think this type of mod would be possible for the Drop tanks?

Thanks again, Red

Guest Sony Tuckson

Damwaar created now 10 extra pilots

will put them online latter and let you know

Guest Sony Tuckson

check at Checksix

Left side

S.F.project 1

@téléchargements

look for pilotes

ten pilots avbl

follow previous instructions.....

Thanks again to Sony and Damwaar! I've included another helmet that might go well with USAFMTL's Adversary Training Mod. This has the TOP GUN insignia.

Thanks RedRider and thanks to Damwaar and Check Six for this funny mod. I like it much ! :D