Sign in to follow this  
column5

A Must Read

Just finshed this book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1580071104

This is one of the best books I've added to my collection in years. The author discusses the development of carrier-based jet fighters to 1962 with emphasis on the Navy's development and procurement process. It is this particular emphasis that makes the book unique. All fighter types from the FH-1 to the F4H are covered in good detail. A plus is that most of the photos in the book are ones that I had not seen before.

The wife has placed severe restrictions on my book purchases due to lack of space and inbound arrival of Jedi 2.0 in another 2 trimesters. :wink:

Too bad you can never find books like these at the library.

congratulations! man...what is the world going to do with another you? hopefully the new addition will favor the mother... :smile:

just ordered some new books tonight:

"Palace Cobra: A Fighter Pilot in the Vietnam Air War"

Ed Rasimus; Mass Market Paperback;

"Vulcan 607"

Rowland White; Paperback;

"Wings on My Sleeve"

Eric Brown; Paperback;

should keep me quiet for a few hours.

congratulations! man...what is the world going to do with another you? hopefully the new addition will favor the mother... :smile:

I think we can all agree on that one!! :wink:

I am going to get this for sure. I mean I never have enough books.

one of my prized posessions is an autographed copy of "Code of honor", by Colonel John Dramesi,shot down April 2,1967 over North Viet nam. I wore his POW bracelet as well as Lt. Dennis Pikes,and was lucky enough to return it to Colonel Dramesi.