Do you ask because you can't find the ini file?

And there are some great afterburner packs in dl section which will do it all for you....amybe.

yes i dont have the data.ini file. but i have the effects already.

Edited by CaptainCA

CaptainCA,

The data.ini file (if you don't have it) has to be extracted from the Objectdata.cat file.

This link will help with what all these terms mean:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=25845

Basically, you have to 'pull' the data.ini from the Objectdata.cat file, put it in the aircraft directory of the aircraft you want to modify, then edit away to your heart's content.

FastCargo

Also, to save some time...the .CAT extractor MUST be run in Win98 compatability mode (assuming you have WinXP or Vista).

Google 'windows compatability mode' or do a search here if you need to know what that means.

Also, the extractor will usually only extract the file into the directory where the .CAT file is located. So you have to be familiar with how to get around directories to find the files you extracted and put them in the proper locations.

FastCargo

You could set different engines to turn on AB at different times (i.e. engine 1 turns on at 60% power while engine 2 turns on at 80%).

what i actually meant is that can i have different afterburner effects for different jets? how do i change the afterburner effects for the jets? i have the afterburner buffet pack.

what i actually meant is that can i have different afterburner effects for different jets? how do i change the afterburner effects for the jets? i have the afterburner buffet pack.

Open the data.ini for the aircraft you want to change. Look for hte engines section. Each engine will have an afterburner effect listed (if it has afterburner). Simply replace whatever effect is listed with the effect you want to use. Make sure all the proper components of the new effect have been dropped into the effects folder.

how do i put in the .tga files? the readme says "Choose a AB.tga and put it in your [Effects] folder,or put em all in and just rename the one you want to use,***Example:Say you want to use the AB#24.tga,,make sure it's in your [Effects] folder & name it AB.tga." But what should i do if i want to use more than one AB.tga?

Yes, you can have more than 1 afterburner so you can have different burners on different jets.

You do not HAVE to change it's name to AB.tga. And to have different burners probably do not name it AB.tga.

Put the tga in the effects folder - you can leave it at the name (eg AB#24.tga) or change it to a more suitable name (eg F4Afterburner.tga)

Also put the AfterburnerEmitter config file (the one in the A'burner pack) into Effects folder.

>>I named them F4Afterburner.tga & F4AfterburnerEmitter.

>>Then in my F4AfterburnerEmitter I did these edits : Name=F4AfterburnerEmitter & TextureStage[01].TextureName=F4Afterburner.tga

>>In the F4E_Kurnass_data.ini (you will need to extract this file from FlightData Cat) scroll down and edit it to : AfterburnerEmitterName=F4AfterburnerEmitter (for both engines).

In summary : rename AB#24.tga & AfterburnerEmitter config file - put them in effects folder. Then Edit the config file and a/c data.ini.

Edited by csb