Sign in to follow this  
SJPhantom

Is my Wingman a chicken?

So, I'm leading a CAP for a strike on some trucks or an ammo dump or something like that. The Strike is a flight of four A6's....The Navy ALWAYS needs my help, especially Zebra flight. I have Dagger flight, and I'm tooling into a Nav point, when Red Crown advises me of Bogeys at about my ten o'clock. I begin to see them, a flight of three MIG-17's, and they're hell bent on mixing it up with A6's.

My altitude is about 120, whereas the MIG's are sitting around ten, so I can dive at them and make a pass before they use their turning advantage and possibly try to get to me.

Zebra gets to target, and I'm playing circle the wagons with three MIG's. I manage to take one of the MIG's down when I hear that the A6's are off target, mission complete. I play around with one of the other MIG's before I realize I better bug out. I'm not sure WHERE the other MIG is, as I'm sure the rest of my flight is giving them fits.

I say good bye to Zebra and head home, happy with a MIG kill.

When I land, and get to debrief I realize....Not ONE of my Wingmen fired a shot!

So whats the deal? Am I supposed to go into my Comm menu and lets these Jokers know that they can attack the MIGS?

At this rate, it's a wonder I feel overwhelmed.

So, I'm leading a CAP for a strike on some trucks or an ammo dump or something like that. The Strike is a flight of four A6's....The Navy ALWAYS needs my help, especially Zebra flight. I have Dagger flight, and I'm tooling into a Nav point, when Red Crown advises me of Bogeys at about my ten o'clock. I begin to see them, a flight of three MIG-17's, and they're hell bent on mixing it up with A6's.

My altitude is about 120, whereas the MIG's are sitting around ten, so I can dive at them and make a pass before they use their turning advantage and possibly try to get to me.

Zebra gets to target, and I'm playing circle the wagons with three MIG's. I manage to take one of the MIG's down when I hear that the A6's are off target, mission complete. I play around with one of the other MIG's before I realize I better bug out. I'm not sure WHERE the other MIG is, as I'm sure the rest of my flight is giving them fits.

I say good bye to Zebra and head home, happy with a MIG kill.

When I land, and get to debrief I realize....Not ONE of my Wingmen fired a shot!

So whats the deal? Am I supposed to go into my Comm menu and lets these Jokers know that they can attack the MIGS?

At this rate, it's a wonder I feel overwhelmed.

Big Chief No s**t, eh!

Yes they are very obedient especially your wingman. So yes please order them to fire. If the AI had a sense of humour Im sure they'd go on strike at this rate.

Big Chief No s**t, eh!

Yes they are very obedient especially your wingman. So yes please order them to fire. If the AI had a sense of humour Im sure they'd go on strike at this rate.

Yes you definitely need to tell them what to do. The're just sitting there waiting for your orders but don't hold your breath because it will take 'em a while to figure out the best way to get the job done. :biggrin:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Comms isn't one of my specialties when a couple of MIGS are trying to dance.

I'll let them know that they can try to get a kill too.

Which game were you playing? WOI has better AI than the others, until they get patched up to its standard. Man, back in the SFP1 patch 2 days the AI (your wingmen and the bad guys) were scary good.

So why dont I still use patch 2? Easy, too many other improvements that would be left out...besides I like killing.

.besides I like killing.

OOooo..do bad things to bad people do you. I'm scared :blink:

....And whats with the "eh", Are you Australian. :no:

Nope Im Indian but thats a long story. We can discuss that over butter chicken and beer.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Comms isn't one of my specialties when a couple of MIGS are trying to dance.

I'll let them know that they can try to get a kill too.

Set the comm button to TAB, I find that easier. Or something on your joystick And besides how you deploy your fellas reflects on your tactical abilities. Use short radar sweeps, and keep the brood close. In a campaign I usually stick to the mission. I only go on the offence if the bad apples are pointing toward me or will cross my flight path.

Yeah the brood definitely seems to want to wander, almost to the point of leaving me holding the bag.

Thanks Stick.

After my next mission I'll have a beer and some butter chicken just for you too.

Nope Im Indian but thats a long story. We can discuss that over butter chicken and beer.

When and where my friend and I am there. I insist on buying the beer.

Well, I wouldn't say my wingman was chicken, but maybe I shouldn't have made that crack about his wife!

Fragged.jpg

Still, at least he got his a couple of minutes later.

Edited by allenjb42

OOooo..do bad things to bad people do you. I'm scared :blink:

yes...well...if they are "bad" or not is not for me to decide, now is it?

When and where my friend and I am there. I insist on buying the beer.

Full on. Ill even show you around the Lohegoan airbase where the Sues are; that is when they get back.Probably August.

Now THAT would be cool.

I get around India way, I WILL be looking you up.

Thanks for the offer Stick.

Sure thang. E-mail me when u do. Ill sort ya'll out

No! I'm Spartacus! :clapping: