Sign in to follow this  
SkyStrike

Something F-14 Tomcat fans might be interested in....

Of course I am, I'll also put it in my gallery here. :yes:

It won't be long, I'm almost done. I think I have all the markings in place (though someone let me know if I've missed any). Mostly all that needs to still be done is a bit more shading for the wings, intakes, and tail, as well as adding more highlighting (started that on the upper nose already).

f14fvf2fill1wy1.th.png

Edited by Talos

Heh, wow, it's been awhile since I posted here. Anyway, I got involved with other projects, but I recently went back and started on the F-14NGs again.

F-14FJ JMSDF Blue scheme. The markings are meticulously researched, completely handmade except for the roundel, and should be 100% grammatically correct.

f14fjasdfblueus5.th.pngf14fjasdfblue2lt9.th.png

F-31A Sparrowhawk

f31usaf1ji8.th.png

F-27C Warhawk II

f27cbaseqo1.th.png

And some of the things that distracted me.

VF-4 Lightning III Compass Ghost and Mod Lightning

vf4compassghostrs1.th.pngvf4modlightningqy2.th.png

VF-4 SEA scheme

vf4seayd9.th.png

VF-4 SVF-111 Sundowners

sundownersvj4.th.png

Heh, wow, it's been awhile since I posted here. Anyway, I got involved with other projects, but I recently went back and started on the F-14NGs again.

F-14FJ JMSDF Blue scheme. The markings are meticulously researched, completely handmade except for the roundel, and should be 100% grammatically correct.

f14fjasdfblueus5.th.pngf14fjasdfblue2lt9.th.png

F-31A Sparrowhawk

f31usaf1ji8.th.png

F-27C Warhawk II

f27cbaseqo1.th.png

And some of the things that distracted me.

VF-4 Lightning III Compass Ghost and Mod Lightning

vf4compassghostrs1.th.pngvf4modlightningqy2.th.png

VF-4 SEA scheme

vf4seayd9.th.png

VF-4 SVF-111 Sundowners

sundownersvj4.th.png

Very Nice Talos.. Saw the other new F-14F Paintschemes ... They're Super-Impressive as well, especially the VF-31 'Tomcatters'

Just A Humble Suggestion: Do you plan on doing one of the "Jolly Rogers" with regard to the F-14F?

Please could you consider it if it's not too much to ask?

Sorry for being too demanding...

The Jolly Rogers are definitely on the list of squadrons I'm going to paint. If I can find a clean reference for the tail insignia, then the Pukin' Dogs will come too. I'm planning three VF-103 variations, yellow stripe, white stripe, and low-vis. Oh, and a few VF-111 Sundowner planes.

76.IAP-Blackbird: These are just drawings I've done. I did the lineart in MS Publisher and then colored, shaded, and highlighted in GIMP. I would love to see these plane designs as models, yeah, but my model skills are still in their infancy. If someone wanted to build one, that would be great.

Wow, I haven't posted anything in here in awhile. I still haven't finished shading and highlighting on my F-14F, but I do have some in-progress paint schemes.

th_F-14FVF-103Vagabonds.png

th_F-14FVF-103.png

th_F-14FJASDFblue.png

th_F-14FVF-31.png

VF-103 Jolly Rogers retro scheme "VF-84 Vagabonds"

VF-103 Jolly Rogers

Maikaze Hikotai, JMSDF

VF-31 Tomcatters

Wow, nice. Any backstory on the JMSDF Cats?

(And the only thing I can associate the word Maikaze with is some doujin/fan studio.)

Edited by kct

Wow, nice. Any backstory on the JMSDF Cats?

(And the only thing I can associate the word Maikaze with is some doujin/fan studio.)

Thanks, kct.

The backstory I've worked up is that during the 1990s, Russia and China managed to develop economically and militarily again and the US allowed the sale of two older carriers that had just been decommissioned, USS Independence and USS Ranger. The JMSDF also purchased several squadrons of F-14Fs and EF-14Gs to fill the fighter and ELINT support/A2A refueling/SEAD/ASW role on their ships. They also purchased F/A-18C/Ds for the fighter/attack role.

Maikaze means "Whirlwind" in Japanese, I took it from a WWII destroyer in the IJN with the same name. I have all the squadrons named after "-kaze" names. Hatsukaze (Year's First Wind), Amatsukaze (Heavenly Wind), etc. Incidentally, Maikaze is also the name of the main character in the aircraft anime "Stratos 4", she's a TSR-2 pilot. I watched it a few weeks after I used the name on the squadron.

I like that F-31A Sparrowhawk. :)

Talos, your going to need a back story as to how the JMSDF was able to purchase the CVs, since Article 9 prevents that. :wink: But, I like this idea! Nice work!

Edited by JA 37 Viggen

Wow they look amazing!

I started to work on a fictional F-14E about a month ago but I´m just a beginner at 3ds max (actually, I don´t know anything about it, I just follow the steps in the tutorials here) and I may need some help.

But so far I have all the structure and flight surfaces and opening cargo doors (it supposed to be stealth so it must have internal ammo)

EDIT: It also has canards but the form doesn´t change that radically.

Edited by coolpilot

I like that F-31A Sparrowhawk. :)

Talos, your going to need a back story as to how the JMSDF was able to purchase the CVs, since Article 9 prevents that. :wink: But, I like this idea! Nice work!

Thanks!

That's why I figured that they would change the constitution or find a loop-hole somewhere (donation?) to circumvent that, since the US would need a carrier-capable allied force in the area to oppose the small Chinese fleet being built.

Wow they look amazing!

I started to work on a fictional F-14E about a month ago but I´m just a beginner at 3ds max (actually, I don´t know anything about it, I just follow the steps in the tutorials here) and I may need some help.

But so far I have all the structure and flight surfaces and opening cargo doors (it supposed to be stealth so it must have internal ammo)

EDIT: It also has canards but the form doesn´t change that radically.

Thank you, cp.

I did an F-14E as well, it's the single-seat counterpart to the F-14F and the delta-winged EF-14G. I didn't go the stealth route with them due to a couple factors, though, since it's rather limiting for designs (plus I find the 4th Gen. plane designs much more interesting) and these are supposed to basically be the Tomcat's equivalent to the F/A-18E/F Super Hornet.

The other two versions are shown here:

F-14E (this particular one doesn't have the bulged spine with additional ECM gear, but it is available on F-14Es)

f14eside5tl5.th.jpg

EF-14G

ef14gkaiside2jq1.th.jpg

Edited by Talos

Ack, and forgive the double post, but I did forget my newer F-31As.

th_F-31USAF1.png

th_F-31Luftwaffecamo1.png

th_F-31desertaggressor.png

th_F-31articaggressor.png

I'll post the F-29A/C lineart later.

In honor of the F-29 Polecat that got released today, here's my F-29A and F-29C Lynx +two variations. After that is the RF-29A Lynxeye.

f29as6.th.jpg

rf29awl6.th.jpg