1. Wings Over Vietnam

2. Wings Over Europe

3. Wings Over Israel

I want to buy a "Wings Over" game from ThirdWire and my question is:

What is the best "Wings Over" game to buy:

1. Wings Over Vietnam

2. Wings Over Europe

3. Wings Over Israel

If you have a reasonably high-performance system, WOI is the way to go. My second choice is WOE with the NATO Fighters packs.

I agree with column5, WOI is great, with WOE a close second.

If you want out-of-the-box carrier ops, get WOV, but that's pretty much the only thing that sets it apart from the rest. Loke C5 said, I would recommend WOE, preferably WOI if your system can handle it.

Out of the box:

I actually like the stock WOE campaigns - and theres some great jets in it.

WOV comes with carrier ops

Theres a great mod called Yankee Air Pirate for WOV if you like the realistic side of the Vietnam War

WOI is the most advanced currently and if you like the historic Arab Israeli battles then its the one to get.

Bear in mind that the next patches for WOV and WOE will bring them to the same standard as WOI.

Also a lot of the mods should work in any of the games

Would say an updated WOV with WOI. WOV only with the nice remake of the vietnam terrain. Nice trees and a lot of them :-)

Some my notes:

If you like Netz or Baz or Nesher or etc. go for WOI.

If you like carrier operations, WOV is good choice - I haven't got Yankee Air pirate add ons. But poeple said that WOV is much, much, much better with them - attention YAP is payware.

If you are from Europe, you can fly for your nation... If you are european and you like your Air force, go for WOE.

Note: but I can not purchase WOI for this time.

Personally - I am from Slovakia (ex Czechoslovakia), so I love WOE, becouse I can fly for czechoslovakian units. I am using CA_Starys tree mod, and WOE is the best sim for me for this time.

In general I agree with column5. According to informations about WOI, it is highest TW simulators standard for this time. Other games are not patched to its standard for this time. So if you do not like carrier operations and you are not from Europe, and you want simply the best standards, WOI looking like your choice.

But, you will have all Thirdwire sims in the future I think :biggrin:

Edited by kukulino

I totally agree with Kukulino...you'll get them all in the end ! :clapping:

Personally my heart lies with WoV, but with WoE I can fly for the RAF (woot... go boys!), WoI allows me to be a pilot in the IDF, probably the best fighter pilots in the world. Certainly has improved my knowledge of the Middle East conflict...it's prompted me to go swat up and buys some books about it. How did I miss this theatre ?

It's all down to personal preference eliahu2006, go for which one feels right to you.

^^That was a very clear and rational approach... don't you know 'clear' and 'rational' are banned from this site?? :tongue:

Eliahu, you'll get a good experience from any of them, however, after you visit places like the Mirage Factory, Capun's skunkworks, Column5 and so on, you'll find a serious ammount of downloads, maps, aircraft, campaigns etc that you can apply to any of the games making them much different to what you get "outta the box" as it were.

If you can only get one at the moment, fret not as you can get some fan made maps of Europe, Israel, Dhimar/Parahn (from Strike Fighters) and a sort of substitute for the other games, although I'm not sure if there's a fan made South East Asia terrain. From a technical standpoint though, at the moment, WOI is the most advanced/refined of the games but there'll patches for the others real soon to bring them all up to the same standard.