Sign in to follow this  
Stwa

New Look/Stuff for WOE

I am mainly finished with my F-104G Starfigher "mods". I am still trying to complete a German camo skin based on the existing supplied by TW. I was able to easily add the German squads to the Red Hammer campaign. So, I made some quick changes to the UI. Here is a look.

post-17303-1206698754_thumb.jpgpost-17303-1206698779_thumb.jpg

post-17303-1206698819_thumb.jpg

I am mainly finished with my F-104G Starfigher "mods". I am still trying to complete a German camo skin based on the existing supplied by TW. I was able to easily add the German squads to the Red Hammer campaign. So, I made some quick changes to the UI. Here is a look.

Looks enticing! Keep up the good work!

Edited by HrntFixr
Do NOT re-post pics in your reply's!!!

Widescreen GOOD! Fire BAD!

Thx guys,

But I was really hoping you all noticed that my campaign screen doesn't have that gay little notepad anymore. Actually, I think I got rid of that sometime last summer. It just didn't seem to fit in with the pistols, maps, sunglasses, etc. It's a kharma thing I guess. :yes:

Got rid of the white board too...probably not really in use in the 50's and 60's. Or 70's for that matter.

post-17303-1206949798_thumb.jpg

try my early JABOG33 skin.

that is based on the tw-model and has all exact markings....

btw, the sq patch of fighter wing "Richthofen" is placed on the intakes... ;)

Edited by HrntFixr
Do NOT re-post pics in reply's!!!

Hi Soulfreak :clapping: ,

I think I tried that skin. It was real nice, but the white outline on the fuselage numbers created a bizarre "barber pole" effect from the external view. That really messes with a person my age. I would be about to ram a sidewinder up some Mig's .... and I would hop to the external view to see if the numbers where ok. :yes:

Anyway, I just use one skin for all squads, so I decided to put all squad/wing/stormo or whatever on the tail. I even made the Italian birds do it. This way I don't have to have 45 MB's of skins. I am also using the stock USAF silver model for not just the Germans, but for the Italians, and Belgians as well. Notice it has a black anti-glare thing. Not exactly right either. Also, I just couldn't get used to those white wings. I tried em (several versions by several authors), but they drove me crazy. I don't think TK thought that there would be bare metal and paint on the same bird at the same time. It was tough finding a correct value for reflections.

By the way I spoke to a German F-104G pilot, and he told me about Norm 62 (TA 196) camo. The order was actually issued in 1963 to paint the German Starfighters with this camo scheme. It would have been tough for the pilots to refer to the camo as Norm 72, seeing how it was still in the 60's and all.

NO! WAIT! :haha:

There are 2 more slots in the Decal INI file for this skin. Soooo, I was able to support both positions for the Squadron Badge. Now if I can just figure out who gets what. And maybe the tail badge needs to be smaller and moved up a little?

post-17303-1207008906_thumb.jpgpost-17303-1207008922_thumb.jpg

Also, I am getting close to finishing the "new" German Camo. I keep getting sucked in to working on a IsraelDES2 terrain, otherwise I would be finished already.

The fusalage is done. It still needs work on the wings and tail.

post-17303-1207020807_thumb.jpg