Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

Can some one help me to put an aircraft in the KMD editor?

How do I do that after I have selected an aircraft in the dialog window?

You really need to download the KMD tutorial available here if you haven't already done so. Read that and most things will be explained. You need to set the waypoint co-ordinates for each individual aircraft and/or ground object in the waypoint box. Any co-ordinate will do, you can move this to where you want it later. Once the co-ordinates have been set just check the object box and your object will appear on the map.

Here's a link to the downloads page for this :- http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...um=10&st=30 and here's a link to the tutorial itself:-http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=2679

Edited by Brainless

According to the readme file which comes with KMD v1.07, I followed the procedures as stated therein:

1) Double click on the flight in the Dialogue window, it then put me in the map.

2) Ctrl+Leftmouse to place the 1st waypoint so I did. But what the result was the icon of an aircraft

3) To add further waypoints, click on the 1st waypoint created last, then bring up the waypoint windows by pressing ALT+W so I did. Then click Insert Waypoint and it then put me into the map again. SHIFT+Leftmouse click will generate a waypoint but it wouldn't!!

Weird! Can you help?

Hey Brianless:

Your link has got me to SfpEdit which seems easy to use at first glance. I shall explore and get back to you if I still have problems! Many thanks!

According to the readme file which comes with KMD v1.07, I followed the procedures as stated therein:

3) To add further waypoints, click on the 1st waypoint created last, then bring up the waypoint windows by pressing ALT+W so I did. Then click Insert Waypoint and it then put me into the map again. SHIFT+Leftmouse click will generate a waypoint but it wouldn't!!

When you have the aircraft icon on the map try CTLR + right click to set waypoints. You may have to do it more than once for it to work!

Unless its changed, there is a small bump that will trip the KMD Newbie.

When you finish working one aircraft or flight, before clicking on another flight, click APPLY. If you don't, the KMD does not remember the work you did on the previous aircraft.

At the end, before closing and starting the game, click SAVE ALL or use the File-Save thing.

This thing really works. Its like a "lite" Terrain Editor and can take a while to get the hang of using it. But once you do, one Becomes a classical Kafka~esque KMD Artist.

Lexx_Luthor:

Thanks!  No luck!  KMD possibly wrecked.

Have you heard of Missionneur2006? I used that one, it's okay to load the Vietnam theatre but not the Desert theatre of SFP1.  Do you know of any fix?

I have the following problems, I tell Le Missionnuer 2006 my SFP1 default installation, it just doesn't see the PLANNING2.BMP desert map file. I use the .CAT extractor to extract it already!  Please help!

Missionnuer.JPG

Missionnuer4.JPG

Missionnuer3.JPG

It works with the Vietnam theatre though.

Edited by Basher11

Right here is something to get you started with KMD.

-Install the KMD in the main game file of whichever sim version you are using e.g. WOE or SFP1 (it works with all the sim versions). Create a desktop icon for the KMD.

- Open the KMD (double click on it). A black screen will appear with the KMD border.

- Open a terrain map. It should have the terrain map of the game file you put it in (use map No1 for instance). If no terrain appears you've messed up and done 'a 'Brainless'.

Go back and see if you can fix it, if not post the problem in Game Issues at C.A and ask for help.

- Once you've got the map up make sure you've got view all in the view list.

- Click on 'file' and open 'a new mission,' a box will open. Give the new mission a file name ,save it.

- An aircraft will appear in the new mission box. It will most probably be one you don't want so select the one you want from the 'object type' box.

- In the mission dialog ‘size & chance’ boxes select 1 for number of aircraft in the flight (you can make this a max of 16 but use one your first attempt) and for & 100% for its appearance chance.

- From the drop down boxes fill in the mission details e.g callsign, formation, size (size No. of aircraft in the mission),mission objectives e.g. strike, aircaft decal no. (top RH box), Nation, Alignment Friend or Foe, loadout, ammo, fuel, camo and squadron. Also select an appropriate date and time of the mission and the weather you want and the sams level (heavy means they'll try to bust your arse!).

- Now click (highlight) the aircraft (line turns blue) and open the waypoint parameters box. Fill in the co-ordinates X & Y positions with a (usually) six figure number from the co-ordinates shown at the very bottom of the KMD border screen. It doesn't matter what too much about this as you will be able to move the aircraft around the map later with the mouse.

- Now check the aircaft box (highlighted blue) to get a green tick. The aircraft should appear on the map. If it doesn't youve 'done a Brainless' and need to check of this brief again.

- Right click the mouse on the map and a box will appear to give you more information. Look at that information you can use it later. Close the box.

-Highlight the aircraft icon and Hold down CTRL + the Left mouse and click on an area of the map away from the aircraft and a waypoint (white circle) will appear. Congratulations you just made your first waypoint. From the waypoint marker (highlight this by clicking on it) repeat the operation ( CRTL +LH mouse) to make the next waypoint . Make the number of waypoints you want (I use min of seven ) max. is 16.

- Put the aircraft over an airfield and open the mission dialog box. (RH click on map) check the take off box and the player box (green ticks). Now very important click APPLY & SAVE.

- Open the waypoint parameters box by clicking on the aircraft icon or any waypoint and fill in command points 1-7, (drop down box) Take off (wypt No.1), depart (wypt no.2), initial point (wypt No.3), objective poin t(wypt No.4), approach(wypt No.5),landline up(wypt No.6), and land(wypt No.7), then speed (wypt No.1=0), (wypt No.2 add say 250kts),then aircraft speed for all the other wpts except land =0 size (use 200) altitude (wypt No.1=0), (wypt No.2 say 750mtrs), (wypt No.3 say3000mtrs), (wypt No.4 say 3000mtrs), (wypt No.5 say 1500), (wypt No.6 say 500), (wypt No.7 0mtrs). Congratulations you've just set your first aircraft flight.

- In the waypoint parameters command box fill in the objective (place wypt No.4 over object on map and click map, click assign object to this waypoint.(strike mission) and target in appear in the mission dialog box.

- Click on last waypoint no.7 dialog box will appear assign 'land at this waypoint'. THEN SAVEALL

- Go into game and see if your aircraft appears in the right place on the runway. If not go back into KMD and set the degree of direction in the top part of the waypoint dialog box.(head)

If you blow up on the runway when you go into the game it's because you 'did a Brainless' and didn't APPLY & SAVE like I told you.

Right this IS NOT anything like a complete guide to all the aspects of the KMD. It's just to get you started. You need to use it and mess with it to see how it all works and READ Buff's guide.

If you want further help with this post in GAME ISSUES and I'll do my best to help plus other members may well be able to explain things about its nuances even better than me!

P.S. This topic will appear in my Guide

Barinless:

Many thanks for your documentation. Since my post last, I have been trying all I can to make the aircrafts fly attack and land the way I want them to.

I can now plot waypoints. It is quite tricky. Instead of putting in numbers as you told me to, I double-clicked on the aircraft then followed by Left Mouse click to place the aircrft on an airfield and still while pressing the Ctrl key I do nother click to make the 1st waypoint. Released the button. If I need to add another waypoint I have to click on the previously plotted waypoint an then use SHIFT+Left Mouse click. I got that all worked out. The strangest experience is that the waypoint just before the touchdown waypoint must be lined-up with the runway or the aircraft will land on the lawn if I use auto-pilot to land it. This happened to AI aircraft as well!

Now I am having trouble about autopilot and AI aircraft landing behaviour. They do not land sometimes. Just hang over the airfield.

Another thing is the Objective Point. If I want my flight to fight against an enemy flight, I suppose I should use the SWEEP command point correct? Looks like the AI aircrafts only engage within-visual range. Outside visual range they don't! Is it the asme over you there?

Barinless:

Many thanks for your documentation. Since my post last, I have been trying all I can to make the aircrafts fly attack and land the way I want them to.

I can now plot waypoints. It is quite tricky. Instead of putting in numbers as you told me to, I double-clicked on the aircraft then followed by Left Mouse click to place the aircrft on an airfield and still while pressing the Ctrl key I do nother click to make the 1st waypoint. Released the button. If I need to add another waypoint I have to click on the previously plotted waypoint an then use SHIFT+Left Mouse click. I got that all worked out. The strangest experience is that the waypoint just before the touchdown waypoint must be lined-up with the runway or the aircraft will land on the lawn if I use auto-pilot to land it. This happened to AI aircraft as well!

Now I am having trouble about autopilot and AI aircraft landing behaviour. They do not land sometimes. Just hang over the airfield.

Another thing is the Objective Point. If I want my flight to fight against an enemy flight, I suppose I should use the SWEEP command point correct? Looks like the AI aircrafts only engage within-visual range. Outside visual range they don't! Is it the asme over you there?

Yes you are right some of the mouse actions have repeats on the keyboard etc. and there are more ways than one to do the same job. These things will come to you as you use the programme.

Yes you can use sweep or I use CAP for a dogfight. Line up the enemy flight with your flight or overlap the two enemy/friendly objective points and press 'targets' and set them to get the flights to engage one another. You can use the 'distance' and 'timing' features to gauge the distance and timing of flights to intercept one another. You need to know the 'default' cruise speed of the individual aircraft to get the timing right when entering this into the waypoint box speeds. All this takes trial & error to work out but once you get the hang of it you'll have no problem using the programme.

Yes AI flights need to be within say the 10ml range to engage.

Have fun.

I need to know all these is because at the end I will design an air war. That's my mission design objective.  By the way, I tried out one of the downloaded Frigate in SFP1, it moves!  You know in Falcon 4, ships never move.  I'm so glad, because I can use rockets on them that's cool!