Sign in to follow this  
Salraine_Chi

Battle of Britain Campaign Pack - Beta v0.60 Problems

I have just downloaded this pack and the terrain for it and installed to a fresh install of WoE as per the instructions. I have noticed a few things which I hope there are fixes for.

1. A lot of the runways are white with no textures.

2. Some of the canopy glass, for example the Spitfires front portion of glass where the gunsight is has a green colour and another has a blue tint.

Does anyone know of fixes for these and other problems in this addon?

Ta

Sal

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

So far as the tinted glass is concerned, if this is what you are talking about:-

post-16914-1206747134_thumb.jpg

Then it is supposed to look like that. Reinforced glass to stop Jerry's bullets coming in through the windscreen. Also handy when staring into the bright summer sky to find "the hun in the sun." Just have to get used to it :wink:

As to the white runways, I haven't come across that before. I assume you have Gepard's BoB terrain v1.4, right here:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5203

As you are running WoE, you may want to open the .../Terrain/Battle of Britain/Battle of Britain.INI file (use wordpad or notepad) and change this line:-

CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat

To this:-

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

As to the "other problems" you mention, if you could be a bit more specific that would help. Is there something in particular which is troubling you?

And, as stated, we are only up to Beta v0.60. V0.61 is in the works, but probably won't see the light of day until the next round of patches. OTOH, by all accounts, the base FM in WoI changes the parameters for prop birds so much that all the WW2 planes will need an FM overhaul before they will fly in the latest iteration. Could be a while before that happens.

Anyhow, feedback and suggestions are welcome, so if there's something you'd like to see, or see fixed, in BoB campaign, let me know what, and we'll see what we can do.

Cheers,

Baltika

Thanks for the quick reply Baltika. Fair enough about the tinted glass on the Spit although I would prefer it to be clear as I find targets hard to see as it is. I have changed the cat datathing as well although I dont have a clue why I had to do it lol. Could you explain that one plz? Oh and yes I installed the terrain and followed your instructions to the letter.

Ok, I tried to put some screenshots on Imageshack but it doesnt want to play today so I will descibe as best I can some of the probs I have.

1. I have mentioned the white runways and as far as I can tell after a few hours play it only affects the runways in France.

2. Occasionally the pilots head will go through the cockpit in external view.

3. On engine start a sort of black bubble appears around the plane which disappears after a few seconds (Engine start smoke not drawing properly maybe?).

4. Dark/light squares on the water, especially when at height.

5. Flame effects on planes are not there as I have seen in screens, mine is more like a trail of sparks.

Any ideas mate?

I hate to do this as Im having a huge amount of fun playing your campaign and I must say thanks for all the hard work you must have put into this. Im also gateful for the inclusion of everything we need in the package. I have seen others in the download section I would love to have a go at but the thought of spending ages searching for and dowloading/installing aircraft, terrains ect puts me off.

Its strange as some mods such as the NATO ones and Vietnam 1984 work perfectly and some I cannot get to work at all (IranIraq) and I think it could be down to the fact I'm just new to the series and still have lot to learn.

Ta

Sal

Edited by Salraine_Chi

Are all runways i france white? Or only certain airfields?

Hi Sal,

No worries, happy to help.

Changing the catfile pointer is required because the different games have different terrains included as stock. SFP1 has desert, WoV has VietnamSEA, WoE has GermanyCE etc. Each of the different terrain .CAT archives has different groundobjects and terrain textures included. So, if your 3rd party terrain is looking for the desert.CAT file, but you are running WoE, it will come up a blank as that file is not included. You need to switch the catfile pointer to a CAT file which is in your particular install. Check out this KB article for more info:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=12230

As to your numbered questions:

1. I see Gepard has asked whether it's all French runways or only some which are affected. I must admit I can't recreate this one, but I am running a WW2 SFP1 install, and haven't tested this campaign in WoE. Gepard is the terrain expert so i would go with what he says.

2. Yes, I have seen this. You may want to play around with the pilot position variables in the particular aircraft _data.ini file. Scroll down to this section:-

// Crew-----------------------------------

[Pilot]

SystemType=PILOT_COCKPIT

PilotModelName=PilotSpitfire

Position=0.0000,-0.1218,0.6308 <------------------

MinExtentPosition=-0.300,0.35,0.500

MaxExtentPosition= 0.300,-0.15,1.350

CanopyNodeName=Cockpit

HasArmor=TRUE

ArmorMaterial=STEEL

Armor[FRONT].Thickness=1

Armor[REAR].Thickness=5

The indicated line is the one you are looking for. The format is x,y,z co-ordinate, measured in metres from the centre of the model.

3. So far as I am aware, engine starts are not modelled in the current SFP1/WoV/WoE build (v 083006), althought they are in WoI and will no doubt come alonmg in the next round of patches. Not sure what to make of this.

4. Yes, known issue with the current pixel shader. TK has mentioned a "much more robust shader" over on the Thirdwire forums, but whether that's being saved for the Vista versions of the games, or already appears in WoI, I d/k. Incidentally, do you get that issue only on internal cockpit views, or on exterior views as well? I get just the former. Dropping back a couple of driver versions for your graphics card may help, but I couldn't recommend it for what it's worth.

5. Sounds like CA_Stary's WW2 effects pack has not installed properly, for whatever reason. It is included with the BoB package, but you could try re-installing it as a standalone d/l. Get it here:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5072

Oh, and in case you missed them, there are a couple of separate BoB upgrades.

WW2 RAF Speechpack:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5533

303 (Kosciusko) Squadron Hurricane skin & campaign screens:-

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=6101

Tally-ho!

5. Flame effects on planes are not there as I have seen in screens, mine is more like a trail of sparks.

Hi!

It's propably because you only damaged the engine -which causes it to produce thick gray smoke and some sparks may occure.

Inflicting more damage will set plane on fire.

Tip -easier to achieve with Emil's wing cannons :wink:

Cheers

Thanks for all your help.

All the runways in France are white but I will just put up with it. I have downloaded the effects and installed and they are working great and I am using the RAF sound pack which is great also. I have messed around with the pilots ini and he doesnt stick his head out the cockpit anymore which is cool.

I only bought WoI a few weeks ago and have also bought WoE, WoV and FE's since. What with all the mods I now have 10 installs of different versions of these games. The latest edition is the IranIraq campaign which I have also posted about as some things would not work. Apart from the Mig-25SD refusing to work in SP and the fact it doesnt have weapons in a campaign I have it sotred thanks to the help of this community.

Thanks all

Sal

The Problem with the white airfields in France is strange. The basic runways in France and England are the same files, also the airfields in GB must also be white. Only the german fighter bases in France i made with different files.

Could you post a screenshot?

The Problem with the white airfields in France is strange. The basic runways in France and England are the same files, also the airfields in GB must also be white. Only the german fighter bases in France i made with different files.

Could you post a screenshot?

Its only the airfields in France. It doesnt really matter as Im having a blast with the game and although it would be nice to fix its no game breaker for me. Im running it on a install of WoE which prob doesnt help.

Ta

Sal

In France i have placed 2 types of airbases. The bomber bases are moded standard airfield3, th fighter bases are made by me. If only the fighter bases would be white it would mean, that you miss the file conc1.bmp which is normaly included in desert.cat.