While flying a recon mission over Syrian airspace in WoI (date set to 1982), I encountered this...... :unsure:

gallery_279_43_156350.jpg

As you should...Gammons were deployed to defend Damascus in the late 70's

nasty buggers, aren't they???

Wrench

kevin stein

As you should...Gammons were deployed to defend Damascus in the late 70's

nasty buggers, aren't they???

Wrench

kevin stein

Yes Wrench, I've been adding the "missing pieces" to round out my WoI install, and Harold's SA-5 model was one of them. I've also seen more than a few Syrian and Egyptian aircraft fall prey to Israeli Hawk batteries, too :rolleyes:

I so wish TK had added some form of Israeli SAMs to WoI, as the quad 50's and 20mm M113 just suck.

Especially with the odd inbound enemy flights seen now.

I have the hardest time getting added Hawks and Chapparalls to work...

I so wish TK had added some form of Israeli SAMs to WoI, as the quad 50's and 20mm M113 just suck.

Especially with the odd inbound enemy flights seen now.

I have the hardest time getting added Hawks and Chapparalls to work...

The Israeli's also used the M42 "Duster", which I've also added just to keep things "interesting".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M42_Duster

Way ahead o' all yas..heheheee

Even have the 3.7'' Brit gun from the WW2 installs, those dudes with the MGs from my PTO upgrades (ok, so it's a Lewis gun -- who cares!) the only one I can's seem to get to show, is the Bofors. No matter what I did

Spectre, what issue is u having with the IDF HAWKs and Chapparells??? You did get my WoI IDF defense mod, right??

Wrench

kevin stein

I am confused...did the Sa-5 target you? Hard to believe anyone would have used an Sa-5 against a fighter, their maneuverability is terrible...it is a weapon designed against bombers and used for "stand-off" platforms today like tankers / RJ / AWACS. You can basically look the other way and avoid it, in a fighter.

Sparko, the SF engine isn't anywhere near that sophisticated. So, yes, it targeted me. See the point (in the exhuast trail)where booster separation occured? It was nowhere near me....lol

Fub, yeah great point...sorry...snapped into reality for a moment there, I know better...wait...coffee...ah, that's better

Spectre, what issue is u having with the IDF HAWKs and Chapparells??? You did get my WoI IDF defense mod, right??

Wrench

kevin stein

Well, er, no.

Maybe I oughta get it, eh?

I thought I got an add-on for WoI, but don't see it in my save directory. All I see are the vehicles, and no AIM-9's on the rails. Checked my weapons.ini, and all looks

OK, sort of. I've always had the hardest time getting friendly SAMs to appear. Just wish TK would not make it such a "challenge" and add the defenses appropriate

to the scenario. I mean, sure, I could use a sling-shot, and that would be a challenge, but fut the wuck?

That Duster looks like a bad motor scooter, may have to rummage for it, as I don't see it in the same WoI downloads area.

Cool stuff, thanks for the tips, gentlemen...

The M-42 is in Pasko's SAMs and vehicle's pak. The upgraded/updated HAWKs (launchers and radars), along with 4 new Chapparls are in the Mirage Factory WEapons pak -- 4 vehicles with 4 different types of sidewinders.

It you don't want ot add the whole TMF weapons pack, you can pull the MIM-72s out (and the HAWK - MIM-24?) and just add them to the stock weaponsdata ini.

My 2 WoI style upgreades; one for Gepards Isreal2 and WoI's stock IsrealME have an updated gundataini and gundata dat that has every gun already in (expecpting maybe the BK-27 from the Grippen)

Wrench

kevinstein