Sign in to follow this  
jtin

Earth Hour 2008

Didn't see anything here about it... people around the world are turning their lights off for one hour at 8 PM local time tomorrow, Saturday, March 29. Last year, they did it in Sydney with remarkable results... this year it's going global.

http://www4.earthhourus.org/

Your take? Will this actually do anything to try to stem global warming?

(no politics, please)

The power stations keep burning on anyway, the idea behind saving power is to reduce the demand long terms so fewer power stations are required. So no, this is just a stunt.

we already had it.. the other day in Tel-Aviv

Well I guess it's power to the people. Sorry for the pun! :biggrin:

Didn't see anything here about it... people around the world are turning their lights off for one hour at 8 PM local time tomorrow, Saturday, March 29. Last year, they did it in Sydney with remarkable results... this year it's going global.

http://www4.earthhourus.org/

Your take? Will this actually do anything to try to stem global warming?

(no politics, please)

it will do absolutely nothing to stem global warming.

It is impossible to discuss this without politics because it is purely a political fraud, a scientific scandal and a financial swindle.

but if you want to start a lonnnnnggggg thread that focuses on just the scientific scandal part of this, with the permission of the moderators, I'll be glad to discuss as I am a published science realist (also referred to by various political hacks as a flat-earther, denier, traitor, environmental criminal, etc.; and by the more measured as a skeptic).

I'm considering observing earth hour with rented searchlights.....

:)

Edited by Typhoid

We just put our lights back on. Why couldn't they have it during the day, when it's light out? We had do play uno by candlelight for an hour.

it will do absolutely nothing to stem global warming.

That's all made up too. :biggrin: I was freezing my ass of the other day. :rofl:

I'm with Rambler....I turned all my lights on.

That's all made up too. :biggrin: I was freezing my ass of the other day. :rofl:

you mean global warming is made up? yes and no. There has been one degree of warming over a one hundred year period. That is true. There has also been a half degree cooling in just this last year which is kicking off the sharp cooling period. Not surprising you were freezing your @$$ off the other day - cold records have been set all this winter and new snowfall records have been set all across the globe.

its all a fraud.

graphs and articles available on request!

:yes:

I am interested. Cleared hot.

just to make up for my looney neibors I put every light in the house on along with 7 TVs and the computer plus 2 loads of laundry.It's amazing what you can get done in an hour when your motivated.

I am interested. Cleared hot.

cool (pun intended). :salute:

for starters, I'll need to be able to upload a powerpoint or excell graph. I have a nice graph that compiles the monthly data from the principle climate reporting centers. It is going in the wrong direction for warming.....

some other selected articles - several by myself which have been published locally and distributed to a number of selected political organizations and campaign staffs.

Edited by Typhoid

He he, thanks Typhoid, you just provided me enough data I needed for my college discussion on this subject.

He he, thanks Typhoid, you just provided me enough data I needed for my college discussion on this subject.

just be careful most in academia don't take to kindly to anything (like facts) that gets in the way of their view of things.

Add to that a reasonable number of nutcases whit some brilliant ideas (like Anarcho-primitivism), a couple completely ignorant but loud folks, and you will get an explosive combination.

Add to that a reasonable number of nutcases whit some brilliant ideas (like Anarcho-primitivism), a couple completely ignorant but loud folks, and you will get an explosive combination.

Good luck :good:

you are quite welcome - good luck!!

:yes:

Wow that is more info than I know what to do with. But very informative.

Sounds like an "interesting" crowd.

Good luck :good:

Edited by Wolf65

Just remember--we might screw up Earth enough to kill ourselves off, but we won't hurt the Earth (unless we nuke the whole surface). The Earth has been thru a lot worse than our puny butts.

I've tried to figure out over the evening what "Anarcho-primitivism" might stand for, and come up with nothing beyond an Ice-Age caveman. It is always interesting to see what kind of idiotic babble the pseudo-intellectuals dream up......

:rolleyes:

I've tried to figure out over the evening what "Anarcho-primitivism" might stand for, and come up with nothing beyond an Ice-Age caveman. It is always interesting to see what kind of idiotic babble the pseudo-intellectuals dream up......

:rolleyes:

Good. Now I don't feel so stupid.