Sign in to follow this  
column5

New Aircraft Mod Ready: FJ-3M Fury

With Zur's permission, I have modded the F-86 into an FJ-3M Fury of the US Navy.

You do not need the F-86 to use this mod, but if you DON'T have it you should: http://www.simtweak.com.

Soon after the Korean conflict began, the US Navy realized that its current front line fighters, the F9F Panther and F2H Banshee, were no match for the new MiG-15. The Navy wisely contracted North American Aviation to modify the superb F-86 Sabre for naval use, and the result was the FJ-2 Fury (the FJ-1 designation had already been applied to a completely different aircraft). The Fury was developed over the course of the 1950s into the FJ-3, represented here, and ultimately the FJ-4. Unlike the FJ-4, the FJ-3 is externally very similar to the F-86, and is well represented by Zur's F-86 model.

The 'M' in the aircraft's designation represents the ability to carry early Sidewinder AAMs. The FJ-3 is also equipped with four Mk12 20mm canon.

This package includes a skin representing the bright colors of VF-53 Iron Angels circa 1956.

fj3m3.jpg

fjfury2.jpg

fjfury4.jpg

Now available at my site.

bright Loud colors..yep the days when our pilots flew birds that said 'we are here,what you gonna do bout it'......

p.s where can we get the skin?????

C-5

Nice job you did here for us!!! Colourfull skin to see, Have seen A-7 looking good too. Any updates on the A-7???

bright Loud colors..yep the days when our pilots flew birds that said 'we are here,what you gonna do bout it'......

p.s where can we get the skin?????

Scout, the VF-53 skin comes with the plane. It is available at my site (link in sig). I will post the US Navy Grey template soon as well. Also, let me point out that the skin was made with DanW's original F-86 template, so mad props to him.

Eric, the A-7 is still being worked on (I just finished another set of squadron markings for it last week). If I had to guess, I'd say it will be ready in the September-October time frame.

Guest Ranger332
Soon after the Korean conflict began, the US Navy realized that its current front line fighters, the F9F Panther and F2H Banshee, were no match for the new MiG-15. The Navy wisely contracted North American Aviation to modify the superb F-86 Sabre for naval use, and the result was the FJ-2 Fury (the FJ-1 designation had already been applied to a completely different aircraft). The Fury was developed over the course of the 1950s into the FJ-3, represented here, and ultimately the FJ-4. Unlike the FJ-4, the FJ-3 is externally very similar to the F-86, and is well represented by Zur's F-86 model.

Thank you both for your efforts and posting the facts about the

F-86 to Fury link tried to find the fourm posting ,but had someone try to say they were linked as developed aircraft I had even stated that the Fury was a Navalized version of the F-86,but was told I was wrong (lol dont even rember who it was that said I was wrong)

Thank you both for your efforts and posting the facts about the

F-86 to Fury link tried to find the fourm posting ,but had someone try to say they were linked as developed aircraft I had even stated that the Fury was a Navalized version of the F-86,but was told I was wrong (lol dont even rember who it was that said I was wrong)

No problem. Technically you are both right, though. The early Fury (FJ-2 and FJ-3) was pretty close to the F-86, but later models like the FJ-4 were almost completely new aircraft.

[No problem. Technically you are both right, though. The early Fury (FJ-2 and FJ-3) was pretty close to the F-86, but later models like the FJ-4 were almost completely new aircraft.

in reality the fj-1 was the daddy of the 86 as I recall,it was a dog till the wings were swept...

Column5;

Nice looking FJ-3 Fury and very color full markings.

Thank You for doing the airplane..... :D :D :D :D

Cheers...................................................................Jetson/Wally

I just tried it in mp, and it is not showing up in the aircraft list for some reason, it works great in single though.