The new A-6A skins for the RAZBAM release are outstanding! I have enjoyed this product since it's release, these skins make it even better. Are there plans for some of the E models as well?

Not sure which skins you mean, but if you mean my VMA(AW)-242 decals I thank you for the compliment. The skins are really pretty much as provided in the Razbam offering, and I think that they look pretty nice as supplied. I only painted out the markings on the .bmps.

Corktip is interested in doing some additional markings for the Razbam A-6. He has not been feeling well lately so I'm not sure what progress has been made. My decal setup will help anyone interested in creating markings for multiple aircraft within a squadron. I also have a decal reference for the wing flap modex number - common on Navy Intruders but not on my Marine A-6As. (I still like the idea of the decal system - the markings look sharper as the aircraft angles away from you in external views). I'm doing decals now for the other two land-based USMC Intruder units in Vietnam for the Razbam bird.

Anyone create a Nam Phong RTAFB reference to fly A-6s out of?

Mike Druzolowski

Another Marine unit for the Razbam A-6A. More to come.

Mike D.

VMA(AW)-533 as they appeared at Nam Phong RTAFB in 1972-73. (That's why we need Nam Phong in WOV!)

Mike

:ok: Thanks for those excellent skins!

Very nice work! I keep having narrow SAM escapes, since I'm using F6 to look at all the great looking details on the skins when I get "SAM Launch" warnings. Thanks for the art work.

Thanks for the compliments. Sorry that the color schemes are unremarkable, but that's what they looked like in Vietnam. Still a few more serials (bureau numbers I guess in Navy/Marine parlance) to do. Someone doing Navy Attack Squadrons?

Mike

Far from being finished... (this will be my first skin)

Looks great! As long as it's in the markings of a unit which flew in Vietnam...oh, sorry, let my prejudices show for a minute there...

Keep 'em coming,

Mike

New file submitted for everyone - mod to allow the default WOV A-6A decals to work with the Razbam A-6A - now includes bureau numbers on vertical fin which WOV forgot. (Having trouble uploading from work PC - will try again tonight if it doesn't go through). At least you can now fly all WOV and YAP missions with the Razbam model until all you modders come up with great new skins and decals for it!

Mike D.

Thanks Frank,

Had to adjust a couple of the stock decals for the vertical fin - the Razbam shape is a bit different. And I have never seen a carrier-based Intruder unit with 100-300 series nose modex numbers, so I didn't include them either. No decals for carrier name or unit either, just bare bones for now.

Now back to the Marine Corps bird decals...

Mike

Here's a little update for you guys: So far I've finished ten out of fifteen different aircrafts (801-810). Since they are based on Mike's excellent skins, everything you see (except for the little VA-85 crest behind the canopy) is a decal.

New file submitted for everyone - mod to allow the default WOV A-6A decals to work with the Razbam A-6A

Mike, superb! Thankyou very much. Details are my thang! :ok:

The markings for VMA(AW)-533 at Nam Phong have been submitted to CA, and here is a screenshot of the last of the land-based Marine units in Vietnam to do: VMA(AW)-225 at Da Nang, still to finish all the bureau numbers.

I am having a splashing problem under the fuselage with the large decal for the combined fuselage star and the MARINES - if this is objectionable I can make the star a part of the base art and just add the small decal for the MARINES to get rid of it (it sort of looks like an oil stain or something so it really didn't bother me that much).

Mike D.