Sign in to follow this  
ndicki

SAAF Sabres for Korea - Black linear bleeding

I felt like doing a mod of the F-86F-30 Sabre for No.2 Sqn South African Air Force, in Korea - not for release until I get permission, if I could figure out quite who to ask!

But - as you'll see from one of the screenies, I'm getting linear bleeding along the fuselage, and underneath, in the form of heavy black lines. Is there some way to fix this? I also had it from the squadron insignia, just aft of the guns, so I had to place it in the bmp instead of using a decal.

Thanks for any help!

Short version: decal bleed is a model issue, which means you can't fix it.

May be haven't you enough space between the roundel and the border of the image ?!

I think 2 pixels must be good !

May be haven't you enough space between the roundel and the border of the image ?!

I think 2 pixels must be good !

I think that may be it - let me test it out. As the letters are pretty large, I did use most of the available vertical space in the image file. Thanks!

I think that may be it - let me test it out. As the letters are pretty large, I did use most of the available vertical space in the image file. Thanks!

Bang on - thanks. All sorted out, including the squadron badge.

Never had a problem with decal bleeds on the Sabres ---EVER---, so it' looks like a decal problem, which you've sorted out.

BTW, it a minium of 5 pixels to edge. I always have substantially more, and just use the DecalSize= line to get them to the size I want.

Wrench

kevin stein

Never had a problem with decal bleeds on the Sabres ---EVER---, so it' looks like a decal problem, which you've sorted out.

BTW, it a minium of 5 pixels to edge. I always have substantially more, and just use the DecalSize= line to get them to the size I want.

Wrench

kevin stein

Cheers, Kevin! Uploading soon - just got permission.

Bang on - thanks. All sorted out, including the squadron badge.

A la bonne heure ! :wink:

A la bonne heure ! :wink:

It's up. By the way, PGC, with all thiose Mirages you've got - anybody thought of doing a Cheetah?

It's up. By the way, PGC, with all thiose Mirages you've got - anybody thought of doing a Cheetah?

I would like, but unfortunately, I am not a 3DS guru ! :no:

I know the question have been already posed to "bpao", the "3DS master" of the "Mirage factory" and he answered no !

I understand that. The Cheetah C is very different from the mirage III, or from the Kfir...

But, for the Cheetah E !?... May be... :rolleyes:

En tous cas, j'aimerai bien ! :biggrin:

I would like, but unfortunately, I am not a 3DS guru ! :no:

I know the question have been already posed to "bpao", the "3DS master" of the "Mirage factory" and he answered no !

I understand that. The Cheetah C is very different from the mirage III, or from the Kfir...

But, for the Cheetah E !?... May be... :rolleyes:

En tous cas, j'aimerai bien ! :biggrin:

Pity. It's the final, most highly evolved variant of the Mirage, in many respects. Though if this sim is for combat, well, the Cheetah finally didn't. That hasn't stopped people modelling a lot of other aircraft which didn't either, though.

Pity. It's the final, most highly evolved variant of the Mirage, in many respects. Though if this sim is for combat, well, the Cheetah finally didn't. That hasn't stopped people modelling a lot of other aircraft which didn't either, though.

After responding to your question about what Cheetah I was working on in the Mirage IIIS thread, I looked into the Atlas Cheetah. I think we could cobble together a decent Cheetah C and/or E. I can do the canards and work on systems and ini work, I just don't have the 3d skills for the nose and refueling probe (both of which can be added as a weapon).

Edited by Talos