Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

What Mission Editor do you use?

I heard there is a QMD editor. I also found aKMD editor. Le Missionnuer 2006 as well. Which one do you use? Where can I download teh QMD editor?  Many thanks in advance.

Also, which missioneditors work with WOI?

I heard there is a QMD editor. I also found aKMD editor. Le Missionnuer 2006 as well. Which one do you use? Where can I download teh QMD editor?  Many thanks in advance.

I use Le Missioneur, to me it's more intuitive and user friendly than KMD, but they both accomplish the same thing. It's just a matter of what you are comfortable with. I haven't yet tried using it in WOI, but I'm thinking it should work.

I am having a really tough time using Le Missionuer 2006. It gave me an error when I tried setting Installation to SFP1 desert theatre.  It just wouldn't load.

I have screen captured the error I got here -> http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showtopic=27005

Using KMD is also not as easy as I thought before. For example, I set up my plane F-100D to conduct a RECON mission.  I also required a take off.  At waypoint 4 where the flight was over an enemy airbase, I set the waypoint to be the objective point. Then at waypoint 8, 9 and 10 I set those to LAND_LINEUP, APPROACH and LAND_TOUCHDOWN. The problem I got were 1) The mission started in the air instead of on teh runway. 2) It won't go to waypoint 4 for RECON it just started to land when the mission started and it landed on the ground not on to the base!!! Weird things!

Le Missionuer for me...flexible and capable...especially once you try a few different things with it and get comfortable it is really neat...had a couple of carrier battle groups going at it over a tiny island...more fun than a drunk clown at the wrong birthday party

I don't have any time to do mission editing any more, but when I do I always use a mix between KMD and wordpad/notepad.

KMD provides a great way to create the different flights including duplication features.

It is invaluable for assessing waypoints.

But, there are some times when I would just rather open up the file in a text editor and manually configure things, especially once I have all the flights organized and waypoints assigned.

Le Missionuer was never intuitive to me... couldn't figure out how to do anything with it.

Since I was already proficient with KMD, I found it to be a waste of time for me to even bother to try to figure it out.

Hello,

Question for you guys,

Can you create multiplayer co-op missions with Le Missionneur, and if so are able to start the flight from the ground?

Bill

I use Le Missioneur, to me it's more intuitive and user friendly than KMD, but they both accomplish the same thing. It's just a matter of what you are comfortable with. I haven't yet tried using it in WOI, but I'm thinking it should work.

I'm using the KMD in WOI and it works fine.

Le Missionuer was never intuitive to me... couldn't figure out how to do anything with it.

Since I was already proficient with KMD, I found it to be a waste of time for me to even bother to try to figure it out.

My thoughts entirely. I couldn't get on with the Le Missionuer either. I guess it's a case of what works for you.

Sorry for the dbl post, dont see anywhere I can edit my first one.

Hello,

Question for you guys,

Can you create multiplayer co-op missions with Le Missionneur or any mission builder, and if so are able to start the flight from the ground?

Bill

thanks

N/M! Got my answer! Wish I would have looked into this a little more before I bought WOI. Oh well. I don't mind giving my money to TK. I love this hobby and theres not a lot out there to choose from. So anyone willing to develop Flight-Sims for the PC, I'll try to support. Only 30 bucks.

I'll try to get into the single player aspect of the sim. Though playing online with friends in coop, keeping formation and covering each other is where its at for me.

Bill

My thoughts entirely. I couldn't get on with the Le Missionuer either. I guess it's a case of what works for you.

That's interesting. To me, KMD was indeciferable whereas Le Missioneur was user friendly and intuitive. It's crazy how two people can see the same thing but experience it in completely different ways. Guess it's a good thing we have them both; something for everyone. :good:

Edited by tank03

I agree with tank...KMD to me was like...eh?...but Le Missioneur just made sense and flowed...guess that is why they made more than one

Where can I get Le Missioneur? can't find it in the downloads area

Is there anyway with any of the mission editors (or for that matter, any other tool in existence) that can be used to easily place ground objects/targets? Or are we still using the same old "offset" madness and our text editors?

Is there anyway with any of the mission editors (or for that matter, any other tool in existence) that can be used to easily place ground objects/targets? Or are we still using the same old "offset" madness and our text editors?

Le Missionnuer 2006 I vote for.  The User Interface is friendly which means easy to use.

I really don't mind what they used or which editor, and moreover would easily and very eagerly pay for a tool that can be used to easily place our ground objects/targets...Maybe some day....

Edited by swambast