I am trying to get this to work with an install of WoE and tbh I dont know what Im doing. I followed the instructions and all seemed fine until I loaded a campaign and there are no ground textures at all. No runways either, nothing. If my flight contains 4 planes they all occupy the same spot and sometimes blow up.

Is it possible to get this to work with WoE? If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Ta

Sal

Open the [terrainname].ini

Search for "CatFile=..\Desert\Desert.cat"

replace it with: "CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat"

That should fix it...unless the terrain need for this campaign is based on the SFP1 desert terrain.

Edited by Gocad

At a guess it may need to use the desert.cat from the original Strike Fighters project1/Gold - basically the GermanyCE.cat in WOE may not have the correct files in it.

Youd be best to place a link to where you got this mod so it can be confirmed

Edited by CoolHand29

Just had a look and WOE cat does actually have the desert airfields and some mosques in it - so it may now include the files you need - so see Gocads reply above

I have had to rename it: CatFile=..\IR\IR.cat as in the instructions it does say to rename the cat file to IR. I now have airfields with runways but still no textures on the ground.

Could it be something else I am missing here? All I need now are those textures and I'm good to go.

Ta

Sal

Edited by Salraine_Chi

Yes, you're missing something....your not getting any ground textures, because you need to get new terrain tiles installed, as the terrain was originally designed to use the desert cat's tiles from SF. The renaming of the cat ONLY works with SF; all the other games, WoV, WoE have the terrain objects in the cat files, but not the desert terrain tiles. And that is what you need.

Have you read this thread in the Knowledge Base:

LINK-->3rd Party Terrains<--LINK

some of the info is a little 'out dated' (meaning is needing some more info added), but the jist of it is ture.

BTW, was there a readme with the Iran/Irag? Just curious, as it might have mentioned something about tiles for the other games ...

Also, you might want to know that ENTIRE terrain has gone back into the shop for a complete rebuild. All the targets, types, moveiemts, etc have been completely rebuilt, as have all the aircraft, ground objects, etc.

I've got it 95% redone, so what you have now is exeptionally outdated.

Suggestion: Polack's desert tile set. But expect some 'oddities'

Wrench

kevin stein

Thanks for the advise Wrench. I downloaded Polak's desert terrain and the game works great now. Tried a few missions and all seems well apart from one CTD.

One question though. The terrain seems a lot higher in places than was meant for the default cloud height meaning that when starting at a runway high in the mountains the cloud level is at the same height which looks strange. Is there a way to increase the default cloud height to fix this?

Ta

Sal

in the desert it's commun to have "raimsing" (sand storm)

so the clound height is not a real problem

cumulo-granite??? :haha:

Ever since patch 3 or 4 - can't remember which gave us the clouds - thats been a issue. All the older terrains with mountain-top airbases were built long before there were clouds. (ANW, Iran/Irag, Lybia)

There IS a way to adjust the cloud height...but I can't remember where it's adjusted. I don't think it's in the environmentalsystem.ini, it may be in some other obscure one, like single mission or something right under our noses.

More research is necessary...

Wrench

kevin stein

...slightly off topic but here goes...

The March Issue of the UK-based aircraft model magazine "Scale Aircraft Modelling" has a very nice article on the Iranian Air Force - and includes many profile drawings, including some new Iranian weapons etc. Most of these new weapons have come into service since the end of the Iran/Iraq conflict, but I'm sure the weaponeers here would find it interesting...

SB

BTW, will this campaign be updated by someone using the soon to be new terrain and sept. patch? Would be great!

Any News on progress whit the new Iraq/Iran terrain?

I am almost done updating it for the October patch.

No need to bump. I'm quite sure this mod is currently sleeping. No update will be released soon.