Sign in to follow this  
malibu43

High Drag Munitions for Tornado

I was just wondering if anyone knew if/what high drag bombs the Tornado (GR1 and IDS) would carry in real life. With the stock loadouts and weapons pack the way they are, there aren't any available, and I was thinking modify the attachment types to allow the the appropriate high drag bombs for low level runs.

Thanks!

Malibu

Can you copy and pasted the weapons section of the data.ini please? So I can get my bearings?

Mk.82SE perhaps??? It's already set EXPORTED=TRUE, with a UK,USAF,USN etc attachment type.

Simple edit of the loadout ini should do it...

WRench

kevin stein

I was just wondering if anyone knew if/what high drag bombs the Tornado (GR1 and IDS) would carry in real life. With the stock loadouts and weapons pack the way they are, there aren't any available, and I was thinking modify the attachment types to allow the the appropriate high drag bombs for low level runs.

Thanks!

Apart from the GBU-24, the RAF rarely uses US air-to-ground ordnance. The Tonkas use the standard UK 1,000lb GP bomb with the Hunting 118 retarding tail. I've got some good pics of them, I'll see if I can find them.

Edited by PigDriver

Apart from the GBU-24, the RAF rarely uses US air-to-ground ordnance. The Tonkas use the standard UK 1,000lb GP bomb with the Hunting 118 retarding tail. I've got some good pics of them, I'll see if I can find them.

Thanks! Just created a new weapon by copying the MK18 1000llb bomb and making it retarded (hmmm... that didn't sound right...)

Another question about tornado loadouts since I'm messing with 'em - what is a common loadout configuration for dumb bombs on Tornado? Any pics? Rack type?

Does anyone know if a 540lb or 1000lb bomb with a Hunting 118 tail has been made or if any existing weapons models which look similar could be used?

A set of parachute retarded uk bombs and a proper fuel tank (4 fin versions) and those tonkas will really start to look the part.