Sign in to follow this  
FalconC45

ARMA Woes

The UI is still messed up. I get half video on the screen and black squares on the bottom. I did the short cut workaround, it didn't work. Do I need to update something like the game's vid player? DX9? If I can't get this to work I'll send it to someone.

Falcon

It usually means that a BIS .pbo is broken, missing, deleted, etc. or your graphics card can't support it. Make sure you have the latest direct x version, and latest graphics drivers.

By the way,

what kind of card do you have?

I have a 8800 gtx 768mb card. with latest drivers. I'll check my dx9 tomorrow.

Falcon

Always these problems with the 8k series of nvidia... Guess I made a smart choice choosing the 7950 GT... no gfx problems with anything, still runs most stuff in 1920 x 1200...

My 8800GTS gives no trouble, but I'm using XP Pro still! It seems to be an 8800/Vista thing with ArmA.

There's a 1.11 beta you could try that might help.

Haven't seen any reason to move on from good old WinXP Pro either, Jedi Master...

I've read the feedback thread on patch 1.11, seems they got some stuff right but it isn't a definitive patch... I'll reinstall ArmA when the definitive patch comes out... until then I'll keep true to good old Operation Flashpoint :good:

Well, you can do that while I keep spending lots of time in ArmA. :wink: I've got 100 hrs in it according to Xfire, but that's incomplete because I was playing it before X fire started tracking it and since I've been using the 1.09 and now 1.11 betas, those aren't tracked either. I've got to have 120+ hrs in it at this point...all but maybe 2 hours in MP! :biggrin:

Well, you can do that while I keep spending lots of time in ArmA. :wink: I've got 100 hrs in it according to Xfire, but that's incomplete because I was playing it before X fire started tracking it and since I've been using the 1.09 and now 1.11 betas, those aren't tracked either. I've got to have 120+ hrs in it at this point...all but maybe 2 hours in MP! :biggrin:

I'll rejoin the ranks of online ArmA players when the patches are satisfiable with regards to stability and definitive plane flight model improvement. And then I'll probably have to wait until Battle of Hokkaido mod comes out with Wanzers - or with other mods or missions that come out with mechs. Until then you can find me on Enemy Territory: Quake Wars servers, with regards to online battlefielding. :good:

I don't think the planes are a priority for them. I find it more interesting to be on the ground watching the planes attack the enemy, anyway. If I want to fly I have literally a dozen other sims for that!

I agree, it would never be a good-enough sim due to the rather short viewdistance, but I won't mind stomping on you as a grunt me being inside a Wanzer! :rofl:

Unless I have an Igla or Stinger...or worse yet a Shilka or Vulcan! :biggrin:

If the 4-legged Wanzer comes as it was in OFP to ArmA, it will also have both - a gatling gun and missiles... Oh and if my memory serves me right, a hefty cannon to boot as well... :grin: