Hi Skinners

Is there anyone who has the time to create an EF-111A Raven Skin, based on the F-111A? Can supply pics etc.

Cheers

Snapper 21

Hi FastCargo

That looks just stunning if I didn't know better I would have thought that was part of the original model. Tried to paint the Raven myself, but a kid with crayons could do better! :blink:

If anyone is interested in skinning the Raven have found out that the top colour is FS 36320 which is RGB= 152 161 169. The underside colour is FS 36495 which is RGB= 207 209 210.

Cheers

Snapper21

Just of out curiosity: Did you find these values at simmerspaintshop?

And I can tell you this, the EF-111A at the AF Museum is not even close to those FS colors. It is "beat to death" grey I think. :biggrin:

If anyone is interested in skinning the Raven have found out that the top colour is FS 36320 which is RGB= 152 161 169. The underside colour is FS 36495 which is RGB= 207 209 210.

FYI:

post-22093-1207755309_thumb.jpg

FS 36320 Dark compass grey

post-22093-1207755322_thumb.jpg

FS 36495 Light grey

using this photo as reference I extracted the following colors:

post-22093-1207756222_thumb.jpg

EF-111 top (212, 222, 231)

post-22093-1207756231_thumb.jpg

EF-111 underside (250, 242, 239)

Hmmm...paint schemes. :rolleyes:

Edited by Gocad

So is simmerspaintshop no good? :dntknw:

Got the colours from this article http://aircraftresourcecenter.com/Rev1/801...8274/rev837.htm

and yes I think I got the RGB values from simmerspaint.

Now I am attaching an image, it is not a work in progress I was simply checking the colours, what do you think? And yes before you say it I shouldn't give up my day job! :blink:

And anyway Gocad, while you're here, are you anygood at skinning????? :biggrin:

With my old eyes I reckon the top is too blue?? Anyway I think I should have asked for any Raven I wasn't to fussed that it matched my original pic. I think I have seen a Raven dark blue/grey all over

Edited by snapper 21

I will go to the AF Museum tomorrow and get you lots of pics of the EF-111, will that help out at all?

How can I paint the canopy .tga that you can still look trough??! Cause wanted to change the brown one

Very nice project...

I will go to the AF Museum tomorrow and get you lots of pics of the EF-111, will that help out at all?

Hi USAFMTL

Pics of the EF-111 would be great, but a talented skinner would be better :biggrin:

I didn't think for a minute this skinning game was going to be easy but looking at your 522TFs, 27th TFW High res skin, how do you do the panel lines???? They look so accurate :dntknw:

Cheers

Snapper 21

So is simmerspaintshop no good? :dntknw:

And anyway Gocad, while you're here, are you anygood at skinning????? :biggrin:

To be honest, I use the values from the simmerspaintshop myself. All I was trying to say was that 'going by the book' may sometimes not yield the desired results, even when you did nothing wrong.

And no, I have no clue when it comes to skinning.

Oh, wait... :tongue:

Btw, the best way to do any kind of skin is to use templates. A repainted skin won't look as good as a skin using a template, since it might be difficult to preserve certain details of the orginal skin, like the panel lines.

Edited by Gocad

Not a 'new' model...just a F-111A with the appropriate bits added and deleted, painted, and new data.ini work.

I'm still trying to get the basic addon shapes correct. Hopefully, once that's done, snapper21 can take em and use them.

FastCargo

Well theres no template around for the F-111, so am trying to extract the panel lines from a standing paint scheme. Have got a two layer psd main colour on one and panel lines on another. Tried it in game as a test.

Hey Gocad tried using your underside colour as a base coat, it looks a bit white to me. Will keep experimenting and see what I get.

Cheers

Snapper 21

gallery_12105_43_453866.jpg

Most shapes done...I may have a option to be able to attach shapes to the nose gear.

Still need to map the shapes of course.

FastCargo

All shapes done and mapped.

gallery_12105_43_475663.jpg

gallery_12105_43_131340.jpg

Notice how part of the lower 'canoe' is actually part of the nose gear door. These parts move with the gear door and come together to form the 'canoe' when the gear is up...just like the real EF-111.

All that's needed now is texturing.

FastCargo

Hi FastCargo

That is amazing work, you are the lumps n bumps master.

Snapper 21

Very quick and dirty paint job to see how the parts are integrating.

gallery_12105_43_751944.jpg

gallery_12105_43_268149.jpg

FastCargo

Stop being so good. you make us all look bad. (kidding) exelent work and i can speak for everyone when i say that your contributions (this included) are hugely apreciated. :good::clapping:

Hi FastCargo

That is amazing work, you are the lumps n bumps master.

Snapper 21

FC has an STD?

:biggrin:

FC, hit Sundowner up since he has the templates.

FC has an STD?

:biggrin:

FC, hit Sundowner up since he has the templates.

So there is a template?

So there is a template?

Not available to the public, is what I said. They are huge, too large to upload to CA unless Sundowner does some serious down sizing of them. I have a lot of templates of planes that are out that, no one has but due to the sheer size of them you can't upload them. My F-16 templates for example are 2.1 GB. The F-104 (for the 3 party one) are 435 MB unzipped. The F-4 temps Ant and I use (that he made) are like 1.75GB. See what I mean.