Sign in to follow this  
Oscar

Some Prelim Questions

Having built many, many missions for IL2 and FB, I'm really looking forward to creating missions for LOMAC. Actually, some of my previous missions ofr the Kuban/Crimea Area may translate quite well.

I do have several questions about the mission editor even though MadJeff is going to be doing a review on this feature.

Aircraft/Airfield spawn points.

In the sims I mentioned, spawn points are on the end of the runways for coops and on various tarmac areas in and around the airfield for dogfights.

Will LOMAC allow spawn points on the tarmac areas for coops? I think this was a major oversite with IL and thought it would have been fixed in 2 1/2 years.

Likewise, for carrier ops. Will aircraft taxi to the cat or start on the cat?

Refly Options.

Will LOMAC allow for a refly option in coops? Examples are too numerous to mention here, but, It seems to me that aircraft should be allowed to land, reful/rearm and takeoff as a part of accomplishing the mission.

Redburn, I'll look for this and get back with you.

Thanks MadJeff.

BTW, could you also add looking for the cpability to place static objects, ie, structures, etc. What I'm looking for are the abilities to constrct base installations (not airfields), ammo dumps, vehicle staging areas, foliage for defensive camoflage, obsevation points, security checkpoints, naval installations, etc.

~S~ All,

I'm interrested in the A-10 ground attack mission and have a couple questions:

Are there any additional targets in the environment besides the group that the A-10 initially encounters? If so, are they scattered or in a particular location?

Has the mission code been broken to allow modification of additional enemy ground targets?

Yes VOL_, there have been insane mods on targets and aircraft for the demo.

I dont have the link handy, but there is an "Ultimate Mods Thread" on the lomac forum (www.lo-mac.com) that has everything.

theres also a utility that allows u to out fit either plane, set a postition on the map - time of day - temp - vis etc..

if u hit pause, and then ctrl+F12 u'll see theres a train that is traveling along the railway, and there are also a few yellow buses that drive along the roads :)

if ur carefull with ur fuel ie. don't have ur throttle firewalled, u can make it quite far across the map and have a really good look @ all the amazing terrain and details that the team have put into the game :)

there is also a stationary train to the SE that has a few tanks and ZSU's waiting for transport :)

hmm was going to post a pic of the train - but i can't browse for the pic...