Sign in to follow this  
Stick

Reporting Live from the Promised Land

After running a successful intercept we turned our attention to the Egyptian F-16A's loitering at high altitude

I lost my wingman in the prolonged engagement that stretched out over an hour(my longest ever). At one point I almost gave up and hit the deck with my fuel dangerously low. but then the memory of my wingman bailing out under arab fire came back to me, and indignation bouyed my will to fight to the finish. Dodging through the city, I let the distance build as that mad arab kept up with the rolling attacks; obviously not wanting come down to me.Tracers flew close and I weaved the mighty Eagle through an inspired repertoire of jinks and breaks, many times almost courting the certain disaster of a stall.

After all he was trying to kill me.

At two miles I reversed onto him full afterburner in a desperate gamble to re-enagage and defeat him. As he floated into my sights, I cut throttle and let off a snap shot. The last thing that devout servant of Allah's must have smelt was the whiff of 20mm because 4 rounds stitched the cockpit.

When I got back my wingman was still on the roster.

The War continues. We shall persevere.

*I played around with the advanced AI and increased the chancecontinue level for veterans and aces to 90.*

Edited by Stick

Don't you just love the smell of Kordite in the morning?

I hope the boys gave you a fond pat on the back when you landed after that kill.

P.S.

I know the feeling all to well of looking wide eyed at the fuel gage and thinking how un-fun it's going to be ejecting from that loveable beast.

If I get really rich, i swear Im going to buy myself a decommisioned disarmed F-15A.

....And I'll work on it for ya!

Sorted.Then I guess Ill make that an F-15B or D version.