does mig 29G uses amercian weapon?

Depends what nation its set for - look in its Mig29G_data.ini file.

If its East Germany then I assume it will use Warsaw Pact / Soviet weps and be an enemy jet

though you can change its nation, or whether the nation is friendly or an enemy if you like - via nations.ini

You would then need to change its weapons pylons in its data.ini file to accept nato weps

Edited by CoolHand29

CoolHand: sorry, but you're partly wrong. MiG-29G is a friendly aircraft, as it's West German or more accurately, German (since it's POST re-unification). I"m sure some of our German members will step up with more and better info, if needed.

They brought their East German/Soviet weapons with them.

Planes:

The information you need to fix the loadouts, for the now WEST German MiG-29G, can be found in the Knowledge Base..

LINK-->How To Edit Loadouts for Weapons Pak: BunyapPak<--LINK

In fact, I'll even give you the direct link...

LINK-->MiG-29G Loadout Fixes<--LINK

Included in the above is also the new 'westernized' Soviet weapons for addition to the weaponsdata ini

Just out of curisosity, do any of you folks actuallly look in the KB?? Are you even aware of it's existence, and what kinds of data can be found??? Especially theses Loadout threads???

I just wonder, cause we're going to revamp it -yet again- to an easier format for you all to use. Hopefuly, you all will be able to find the stuff quicker and faster.

Hopefully, soon!

Wrench

kevinstein

MiG-29G used only soviet weapons in reality.

i´m no expert on the mig-29g but the pictures show soviet weapon

I you are refering to my Mig-29g mod, yes they used soviet weapons. You can change the data.ini and the loadout. I used the western missiles cause of using the mig a little bit further than it actualy was.

CoolHand: sorry, but you're partly wrong. MiG-29G is a friendly aircraft, as it's West German or more accurately, German (since it's POST re-unification). I"m sure some of our German members will step up with more and better info, if needed.

They brought their East German/Soviet weapons with them.

Planes:

Oops - yep too much assumed info - assumed they must have got the Migs in 84/85 - but looks as though it may have been around 1988.

Also didnt see there was a newer 3D model now so looked at the old one that has a 1984 start date :shok:

Hi all, first post.

The only difference was westernized Radio and IFF.

The other stuff was retained, but IRST, the datalinks and R-27 were not used, though some R-72s (AA-10s) were test fired.

In fact the MiGs delivered to the GDR were among the first versions, only those delivered to Jugoslavia had a lower grad of avionics.

Another proof that its the man, not the machine, as most of the "agressor" pilots of JG 73 were actual GDR pilots, as was the whole ground crew.

(I need to get myself a sig)

Within LV/LSK (East German Air Force), the MiG-29s flew among JG 3 at Preschen AB (don't remember if they were 1st or 2nd Squadron - the other Squadron in Preschen flew Fishbeds).

After the reunification and a thorough flight-test programme, it was decided the Fulcrum-ops would be continued within the Luftwaffe.

However, a new base was needed, as Preschen's traffic-pattern was partly conflicting with polish airspace.

Thus, a new Fighter-Wing was formed, JG 73 (JG 73 was formed out of the to be disbandened JaboG 35, flying F-4Fs as fighter-bombers and fighters in a secondary role). The new base was to be Rostock-Laage AB.

The Fulcrums formed JG 73's 1st squadron, while the ex-JaboG 35 F-4F (from Pferdsfeld AB, which was to be closed) later on became to form JG 73's 2nd squadron.

The only major changes for the "G/GT" mod were western avionics (NAV) and panels with english titles.

At first, the main core of Fulcrum-drivers consisted of ex-GDR pilots that were able to pass into the reunificated Luftwaffe (only few of the eastern-block trained pilots were to pass the rigorous screenings).

But the Fulcrum-drivers were soon a mixed team of ex GDR pilots and ex West-german Luftwaffe pilots.

For some more information on the Fulcrum in Luftwaffe service, visit the following site:

http://www.fabulousfulcrums.de/index_e.html

JG 73 was the first Luftwaffe Wing to transition to Typhoon ops.

Well, Toryu is right! About the weapon question. The MiG-29G in Luftwaffe service used only Soviet Waepons, mostly the

R-27 ALAMO

Alamo.jpg

and the R-60 Aphid

Aphid_1.jpg

While R-27s were test fired and sometimes carried, I've never heard about R-80s.

Certainly, QRA was only flown with R-73s.

The only MiG-29 left in Germany on display in the Gatow Luftwaffe museum carries 4 R-73s and 2 R-27s, but I'm not sure wether those are training rounds or deactivated war shots.

As I said, certain items like IRST, the whole datalink feature and some radar modes were deactivated, I'm not sure if at the insistence of the Soviets or because the Bundeswehr simply likes reducing capabilities.

Anyway, former GDR officers accused the Luftwaffe of essentially "crippling" the aircraft.

For a cripple, they surely kicked a lot of ass.. :biggrin:

The only german Fulcrum lost was lost to a former west german officer basically ignoring every advice and putting the MiG into an involuntary low altitude flat spin, leaving him no option but to punch out.

A few weeks ago, the last active GDR trained pilot made his last duty flight, but with the hungarian air force, where he was seconded as an instructor. Incidendally, he made his last flight in an ex LSK L-39.

615-Gatow.jpg

The R-73s are looking like dummies to me, they're lacking the IR-window at their nose...

r_73.jpg