Sign in to follow this  
Allo

Saitek X45

I am thinking of getting a Saitek X45.Are these joysticks still made?I can't find one anywhere.Also I have read that it has problems with XP.But then I read it is XP friendly.What is the go?

Hmm, I bought mine like a year ago at Best Buy, and it is XP friendly, I have never had any problems with it, I think it had problems before they released an update, but I bought it with XP software.

Man your quick.You responded in like less than two miutes.I was trying to edit my details,add a signature.Shish!lol.Well as soon as I can find a Saitek X45,I will get one.Thanks Snapple.

I run the Saitek X-45 with Xp and no-probs. It's a good stick...but not a GREAT stick. IMHO. I'm 100% behind the throttle part of it, but the joystick part really needs a whole lotta work.

There are a few new joysticks from Saitek that are much better, but if your looking for a FLIGHT SIM oriented stick...well....that's the X45:

x45.jpg

The new software is great. My biggest beef with the stick is the racheting effect I get with the joystick portion. There is virtually NO tension on the stick, much stiffer springs are required, and the plastic to plastic design of the base is pretty poor. I've made a comfort MOD for mine since I don't think the original version is comfortable at all:

IM001220.JPG

Anyway....I prefer my Logitech Digital Extreme...but I'd love to have a throttle to go with it. I'm just saving money for a Cougar Hotas from Thrustmaster.

Cheers!

Fates

I will be getting a HOTAS Cougar too.I gotta save as well.So I will get the Saitek X45 to tie me over till I get the money for the Cougar.

Thanks Fates.

Are you a salesman for the Saitek X36.lol.They look identical.What is the difference?Depending on your responce,I might get that instead.

Thanks Nesher.

i can be a salesman :)

but i won't sale a thing :lol:

u welcome, and enjoy the stick (if u buy one)

i wanted to buy this stick, but they don't ship to israel

and my brother wants to fix my FF2 (hope not :lol:)

Cheers

Have you checked the 'Reconditioned' tab lately? They have an X45 for $39.99. Sorry they don't ship to Israel, have you contacted them to ask if they would? Maybe someone there could drop it off directly at the UPS place instead of using their shipping account (which might not be set up for overseas delivery).

Guest MrMudd

x45 is the digital usb version. used to have one great stick for light use. I wore a few out. But the throttle was good and comfortable

USB digital sticks are far superior to the standard serial port type.

Thaks for the help guys.

I will be getting the X45 next month. :lol: It costs $149 here in Australia. :? That is including freight too but.I hope it lasts long enough till I can afford the $600 for the HOTAS Cougar. 8) Argggg.When will the Aussie doller be worth more? :evil:

that's a bit*h

148 Australian $ or American $?

if Australian than how much is it in US $ ?

10x

$149 Aussie dollars.I guess it is $120 for the joystick and $29 for shipping.lol.I don't know how much in U.S. dollars.I think I saw it for $80 U.S.Not sure.

Well I got my new Saitek X45.Thanks for all the help everyone.It has given new life to SFP1.Only thing that I can't work out is the AUX & MODE buttons.Does anybody use them in SFP1?How do you use them if you do?It doesn't say anyting about them in the manual. :unsure:

Unless they have recently changed it, I don't think that the manual shipped with the X45 is current.

Iirc, it covers the SST that was actually SGE renamed rather than "true" SST.

Latest drivers & SST Manual

I tend to use modes setup as AA, AG & Nav.

For Aux. I tend to use as a sub-mode.