Sign in to follow this  
TheOpposition

Does this game have multiplayer?

Hi, I been trying to test the game out on multiplayer and come to find out I guess the game does not have servers of it's own, its running onthe old tcp/icp thingy. So that mean none has played this online? :blink:

P.S I was being facetious on the "does it hve multiplayer" I just wanna know how everyone is is playing the game online.

Guest Bounder

I try myself but most end up doing the co-op by my self.

Hi, I been trying to test the game out on multiplayer and come to find out I guess the game does not have servers of it's own, its running onthe old tcp/icp thingy. So that mean none has played this online? :blink:

P.S I was being facetious on the "does it hve multiplayer" I just wanna know how everyone is is playing the game online.

Get the I.P address of the person who is hosting and fly I guess.

Wanna do it now?

Ah well

Edited by Stick

There aren't any servers set up specifically per se, however there are servers set up from time to time by players or you can connect to other players via hamachi and other similar programs. StreakEagle used to have a WoV server set up on Hyper Lobby for example and I've played several other members from here (CA) on that (although there are some issues with it and Aussie users from some reason). I've spoken to a local ISP here that hosts other games and in theory setting one up shouldn't be a problem for us here in Oz, but I don't know what kind of lag issues there would be for anyone outside of Oz. I also haven't seen any WOI games online either, so I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or not.

Many years ago, I played F/A-18 on Hyper Lobby too. It is quite a good place to join game, lagging issue was rare then. Don't know what it is like now but should be ok.

SF-P1, WOV, WOE, and WOI are played online. What you must do is get on Hyperlobby, connect to thr Wings Over Vietnam room and meet players there. Hyperlobby doesn't launch the game right so most everyone are playing from Hamachi via LAN connect. So you must also download and install Hamachi as well. At first your games will be scarce on Hamachi until you start meeting people, and getting on their Hamachi networks. But after a while you end up with a lot of servers you can play out of. Don't count multiplay out, it's still alive and kicking.

mildy of topic but still multi related. what happens if you try play an online match with a modded plane will the game allowit if the host doesn't have it on his/her computer. Will it crash the session or give you the invisable plane visable pilot setup? or a long story short should i even try planing moded plane online or stick to the game's stock set?

mildy of topic but still multi related. what happens if you try play an online match with a modded plane will the game allowit if the host doesn't have it on his/her computer. Will it crash the session or give you the invisable plane visable pilot setup? or a long story short should i even try planing moded plane online or stick to the game's stock set?

No, everything you have must match the host's install. That's why most use an unmodded version for online play.

In the story I linked to in my previous post, both USAFMTL and I had the same mods installed