Sign in to follow this  
robban75

Bought the game yesterday....impressions..

What can I say? The aircrafts are beautifull looking and just looking at them kept me busy for several hours. However, when all that had settled down several shortcommings in the FM started rising to the surface. First, there appears to be no big difference between the fighters when it comes to manouverability. They all roll the same and they basically all turn the same. Now the roll rate is plane silly. It's sluggish to say the least! Once you get a roll started it will roll several times by itself. Stopping the rolls with an opposite stick movement seems impossible as the momentum appears to be very high. All the fighters turns like modernday fighters with relaxed static stability and FBW. Where is the Supestall? Where are the surging engines? I hate to see a game with potential such as this one, not be all it can be! Am I alone on this one?

Is there a upgrade to fix all this?

Guest Sony Tuckson

this was discovered a long time ago

a search through this forum would show you...

Patch 2 is supposed to correct that

You are perfectly right about the roll issue, but sure the planes are all very different when it's come to manoeuverability, try the F104 for example :wink: my favorite is the F 100.

Not far from release patch 2 will fix the roll problem and improve some planes ini. I hope much we will be able to enjoy really the F 104 after that.

Enclosed (sorry, in french) a comparison between the SF planes, columns from left:speed max, turn (360°, 300knt, 5000ft), climb rate (from sea to 20 000 ft), PC, etc.... This was done by a member of "Check Six" named "As de Pique".

Try flying an F-4 against a Mig 17 in multi play and see if the planes are the same :wink:

I guess mostly what spoils it is the sluggish roll. But I bagged me a couple of MiG-17's yesterday using the gun, good fun. Waiting for the 2:nd patch! :D

That table is superb and points out how utterly appauling the "stock" F-105 FM is. It's cool to see it in the "pack" though. :)

Cheers