Sign in to follow this  
WHOSIT

A real live person with the 110th Air Wing needs help!

Greetings All,

MAYDAY, MAYDAY, MAYDAY! Virtual pilot going down!

There is a person who is an actual existing member of the real and existing 110th Air Wing who, is having problems with getting and using LOMAC on his computer with Vista installed!

He helped me out of a rather stupid error I made and I have advised him of what little I know about LOMAC and Vista problems which, was not a whole lot of information, as I run XP with Service Pack 2 on my 5 year old Pavilion tower. { HEY! DON'T KNOCK IT! IT WORKS FAST ENOUGH AND VERY WELL! "If it aint broke, don't fix it." :grandpa: }

Can't anyone here. . . ANYBODY!. . . geeks, gurus, or computer know it alls, spare a little time off from siming and/or posting and give this actual U.S. volunteer patriot a helping hand? He wants the diversion and wants to be part of the LOMAC sim community/brotherhood.

He messaged me saying, "I'm about to just quit.", this very afternoon and that's a dam shame!

Somebody, help this good guy out. . . PLEASE!

Message him at: GodLovestheUSA73 , right here on this forum.

THANKS MUCH PEOPLE!

Wish I could help you buddy.....but unfortunately this forum is for tech issues regarding the creations I make for Wings over Europe. I'm afraid there isn't going to be a lot of help found here.

I would suggest posting this in the LOMAC section. In fact, I'll help you out by giving you a friendly nudge in the right direction with a little moderator magic.....

Guest Bounder

ok going to reinstall it on my vista tell me his probs? Should be set by tomorrow.

Edited by Bounder

Guest Bounder

one main point of interest is his patched,or not patched?

Guest Bounder

ok check it both patched,and not patched. With windows Vista you can not use the current patch 1.01. , or 1.02 the game will CTD big time ,but non patched versions work well.

Hope this is of some help.

foot note having not flown this in a long time I got smoked big time by the AI did eject safely.

post-17849-1207211060_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1207211080_thumb.jpg

post-17849-1207213789_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bounder

Wish I could help you buddy.....but unfortunately this forum is for tech issues regarding the creations I make for Wings over Europe. I'm afraid there isn't going to be a lot of help found here.

I would suggest posting this in the LOMAC section. In fact, I'll help you out by giving you a friendly nudge in the right direction with a little moderator magic.....

Thanks much Paul,

The more people that learn about the guy's problems, the better the prospects he's going to get help.

ok check it both patched,and not patched. With windows Vista you can not use the current patch 1.01. , or 1.02 the game will CTD big time ,but non patched versions work well.

Hope this is of some help.

foot note having not flown this in a long time I got smoked big time by the AI did eject safely.

Thanks Bounder for the rapid responce deployment.

PLEASE. . . message the guy direct: GodSaveTheUSA73

He's needs to be taken by the hand and lead thru the LOMAC & LOMAC FC programs intallations and patchings "mine field" one step at a time.

"With windows Vista you can not use the current patch 1.01. , or 1.02. . . " <---- IF these are the patches for the original ubisoft LOMAC, I've already given him some wrong info. OH MAN! He's been FUBARed by friendly fire. :(

You got smoked!? But, I thought it was supposed to be "like ridin' a bike", etc.?

Guest Bounder

ok found him message sent to start

Edited by Bounder

alright...uninstalled deleted everything having to do with lomac..and will try again...so i install lomac,..(mind you, i have tried this before) and leave it unpatched. now, if i still does not work..what would be the next logical step. i have looked and tried many things in many forums so it's not like i'm just some dumb noobie who doesn't know what he's doing and didn't search. the only other thing i can think of is that i have Lock-On Gold...which i have haerd nothing but bad things about. could THAT be the problem?

Guest Bounder
ok i got it working now. now should i patch it up to 1.1 or higher or just leave it?

leave it as is for now

Guest Bounder

if you have an extra external hard drive you can experiment with the patches ,but for me so far it wont work.