What are the tricks to tweak a weapon to a nuclear bomb?

What are the tricks to tweak a weapon to a nuclear bomb?

That depends. What are you looking to do? Are you looking to take an existing weapon and give it what is effectively a nuclear warhead?

Making a weapon into a nuclear bomb is pretty easy, assuming you know how to use the Weapons Editor.

There are 3 parameters to adjust:

WarheadType= Self-explanatory, uses a number that determines type of warhead

Explosives= Yield of warhead in kg of TNT

EffectClassName= The visual effect of a detonation

The first 2 parameters are easy to adjust in the weapons editor using the pull down menu, and just typing in how much 'boom' you want for the Explosives parameter (a simple way to figure out is using a kg to lbs conversion factor, then multiply by whatever warhead size - 1 kiloton equals 100 x 2000 lbs x lb/kg conversion factor).

The third parameter has to be named. Lexx Luthor has come out with a nice nuclear weapons effects pack:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?autoc...p;showfile=5271

Download, install, and read the readme to learn how to use it in game.

Good luck and enjoy the boom.

FastCargo

Truly thanks!  I go try it out now, shall take a few hours I guess.  Good way to kill time.   By the way, is Lexx the legendary person in the Falcon 4 community?  Just wonder if he is the same person.

About the nuke, thanks again!

I have located the pull-down menu for Nuclear Fussion!  Fantastic!  All this time, I have been looking for a flight simulation which allows Nuke Mission Design.  Falcon 4 gave no such option.  Nova Logic's F-22 Raptor has Nuke but not supported in Mission Design.

WEPEDIT.JPG

Now I have a flight simulation which supports Nuke, cool!!

Edited by Basher11

Basher

Just download a weapons pack and look at its nukes and you will get the idea on how its done.

Where is the Flight Engine File?

Extract it from the flightdata.cat. in the flight folder.

Okay, here is what I have done, check me pls.

1) In Weapon Editor, I copy Mk84 and rename it to BLASTER as shown:

BLASTER.JPG

But I cannot find it in the loadout screen in single mission when I was trying to test as a first step

1Make sure ur aircraft u want it on in the data ini for the aircraft can carry NUC, and then make sure the pylon attachment matches the length, mass and everything for the weapon or for sure it wont be there, so check these variables and see if they worked

This has gone too far....

Basher, what you need to do it download bunyaps weapons pak and read the enclosed pdf file. It explains sooo much of all the last several questions you've been asking.

All about weapons attachments, types, etc. Do yourself a favor, go get it, read it, and then spend some time in the Knowledge Base's Loadout thread. 99.9% of all your questions, pertaining to weapons have already been answered.

Wrench

kevin stein

I took A-4F for the test. Changed A-4F_LOADOUT.INI as follows:

Loadout[01].WeaponType=BLASTER

Loadout[01].Quantity=1

Loadout[02].WeaponType=BLASTER

Loadout[02].Quantity=1

Loadout[03].WeaponType=BLASTER

Loadout[03].Quantity=1

Loadout[04].WeaponType=BLASTER

Loadout[04].Quantity=1

Loadout[05].WeaponType=Tank300_A4

Loadout[05].Quantity=1

However, when I went into the loadout screen, I have not the weapon named BLASTER to choose from. What have I missed?

Sorry for the trouble. I searched by google and found the web page. Thanks.

SRAMs are my favorite... "Reach out, reach out and nuke someone..." :grin:

I can't wait to make my own, besides, too difficult at this moment for me, so I just downloaded this weapon pack http://bunyap2w1.com/SFP1_Wiki/index.php?title=Weapons_Pack.  It was dated back to 2006.

And I got these:

Nuke3.JPG

Wonderful!

This is all I get, too. Nothing like the stellarly huge blast seen in your video. I want the huge blast! Obviously I'm screwing something up and am going through knowledge base to figure it out.

This is all I get, too. Nothing like the stellarly huge blast seen in your video. I want the huge blast! Obviously I'm screwing something up and am going through knowledge base to figure it out.

You will have to follow all the instructions given by Lexx_Luthor.

You will have to follow all the instructions given by Lexx_Luthor.

Yep. In a classic case of not RTFM I had omitted a step. Basher sent me in the right direction and now I have proper nukes.

Thanks!

Congrats to your success. We all thank Lexx_Luthor for his wonderful contribution.