Sign in to follow this  
Basher11

First setback in mission design

I designed a very simple mission.  It was my own flight and I flew it on autopilot.  As it reached above the target building, my flight didn't release the bomb. What have I done wrongly?

I designed a very simple mission.  It was my own flight and I flew it on autopilot.  As it reached above the target building, my flight didn't release the bomb. What have I done wrongly?

What aircraft were you flying. If it was a bomber did you open the bomb doors before deploying your ordnance?

I designed a very simple mission. It was my own flight and I flew it on autopilot. As it reached above the target building, my flight didn't release the bomb. What have I done wrongly?

Basher11, autopilot will not drop your own bombs - you're on your own on that one.

Instead, define another aircraft for your mission and let the AI take over the first one you defined. Use PlayerMissionID=2 to tell the game you want to fly the 2nd one, then use F6 to view the AI-controlled aircraft. It should deploy its ordnance under AI control provided you have set up the Initial_Point and Objective_Point correctly.

Regards, comrpnt.

Maybe he mean he flew to the target on autopilot and then switched off at the target run?

Otherwise, why play the game unless he was trying to see when the game was releasing ordnance on a particular profile?

No no, comrpnt is right on the case. I figured that out later but that took hours though.

Thanks for letting me know what the Player Position Number is for. :good: