Sign in to follow this  
Canadair

has anyone been able

As in the title.

I have a version of the RA-5C with canoe and everything, but with a "strap on" invisable Landing hook, whose position I can't get right and makes carrier landing impossible

Any idea? Ha anyone experimented with this?

As in the title.

I have a version of the RA-5C with canoe and everything, but with a "strap on" invisable Landing hook, whose position I can't get right and makes carrier landing impossible

Any idea? Ha anyone experimented with this?

Please send me a link to the specific model you mean. I don't see a RA-5C in the downloads section here or over at Column5. Then I'll have a go.

For info, the version I got from Column5 a few months back lands fine on a carrier (here:http://www.column5.us/aircraft.shtml).

Try this...in the _data.ini file...

[Tailhook]

SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK

MaxDeflection=60.0

AnimationID=1

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=1.0

ModelNodeName=Tailhook

HookArmLength=2.9

AttachmentPosition=-0.0000,-4.7687,-1.3335

...and don't forget to add "SystemName[xxx]=TailHook" to the [Fuselage] section near the top of the _data.ini (replace the xxx's accordingly)

Regards, comrpnt. :-)

If you're talking about Rhugovi's RA-5c mod, the only modification I made to my data ini was the following to make it deck landable. Change the nose gear section from this:

ShockStroke=0.40

SpringFactor=1.3

DampingFactor=1.8

to this:

ShockStroke=0.40

SpringFactor=2.3

DampingFactor=2.8

Before I made this change I could never deck land her. I finally discovered that she was literally flipping over the nose, even when I nailed a good landing. Once I changed the values for the nose gear, I could land it. You get a real good nose dip, but she doesn't go over the nose.

Ps This is deck landing in hard mode.

Hope this helps,

Heck

There is one coming soon. Just needs some decals so go punch on Jimbib to start working.

Sticks and stones.... :unsure:

Actually Cmpntr I was talking about the A-5 available from CA, not julhelm's, whose new RA-5 am anxiously waiting.

I must have a misplaced landing hook; am not know as the best of pilots, but 10 "bolters2 in arow are too much for me , tooo

Can I please have the tailhook entry for rhugovi's mod?

Edited by Canadair

Actually Cmpntr I was talking about the A-5 available from CA, not julhelm's, whose new RA-5 am anxiously waiting.

Can I please have the tailhook entry for rhugovi's mod?

[Tailhook]

SystemType=ARRESTER_HOOK

MaxDeflection=60.0

Retractable=TRUE

DeployTime=1.0

ModelNodeName=tailhook

ArmLength=2.9 ;2.16

AttachmentPosition=0.0,-8.59,-1.0