Sign in to follow this  
Fates

H.A.W.X.

I don't know...besides the fact that there's no way US forces would be flying a Rafale, it's also just a prerendered intro and tells you nothing about the actual gameplay.

It's being made by the guys that made Blazing Angels, so I expect something that will look 5x better but play 5x less realistic than one of TK's sims. :wink:

I'll be waitng for its realease.Looks Promising.

I don't know...besides the fact that there's no way US forces would be flying a Rafale, it's also just a prerendered intro and tells you nothing about the actual gameplay.

It's being made by the guys that made Blazing Angels, so I expect something that will look 5x better but play 5x less realistic than one of TK's sims. :wink:

About the fact that the pilot is flying a Rafale: The pilot could be random mercenary, since this game is about them.

It is?? Mercs?? I guess they'll stick "Clancy" on any old thing nowadays...

Yeah the Rafale was a merc jet, you can tell by the tail, some kind of gold Falcon or some such. The movie was nice, though a bit choppy for me.. Well the premise is some Private Military Corporation (PMC) gets so powerful that it attacks the US, so we'll see how it plays out, though obviously, it looks more like it's more pro-US than anything else, or that's just some element that's part of the storyline. Details are supposed to come out soon, according to one of the Community Managers on the HAWX forums for Ubi.

Hm, this seems to feature the Ghosts aswell (or is set in the same world as GRAW), judging by who called the airstrike in the trailer.

Yeah it's supposedly a different take from the GRAW 2 Campaign (or that's really the speculation...) where in that game you fought mercs allied with the rebel leader towards the end. So yeah.... either that or they just wanted to make it look really high-speed or a planned part of it. Suffice to say, that there's not much information being put out on the forums at the moment, so more to follow, or just go to the forums yourself and go from there :good:

I heard on G4 that one could possibly fly the jets this time around...BF2(PC) anyone???

Actually, it is rumoured to be part of the GRAW timeline. Something like in between GRAW and GRAW 2 or something.

In fact, they said it was somewhat linked to Endwar.

Edited by kct

Finally....a prospective modern air combat game for the PC....

I Just hope it has a stock F-14 (preferably updated with new avionics, TVC & BVR abilities as well as

super-maneuverability...)

Edited by Tomcat_ace

You mean an F-14D? Hopeful, but with a list of probably 50 pilotable aircraft (which is probably more than some Ace Combat games and the like), it could be possible.

If the F-14Ds can appear in games set in 2015 and beyond, why not here?

You mean an F-14D? Hopeful, but with a list of probably 50 pilotable aircraft (which is probably more than some Ace Combat games and the like), it could be possible.

If the F-14Ds can appear in games set in 2015 and beyond, why not here?

Yeah... kind of... If there's an F-14D with BVR ability I'll be happy... However I was referring to the what-if future variants in an earlier thread of mine:

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?showt...mp;#entry146986

Besides, The F-14 is or should I say was the West's only long range interceptor before its recent withdrawal from combat service, sadly without a suitable replacement for the fleet defence role which it carried out... & furthermore It's high time a modern air combat PC game came out with a stock flyable F-14...

Edited by Tomcat_ace

I just saw on 1up I think a little blurb about HAWX...it was listed quite clearly as "arcade flight sim". I'm not hopeful.

I just hope it's nothing like Blazing Angels...

BA had only stunning visuals...apart from that it was a total disaster, IMHO...

It's hard to believe that the same company that created the IL-2 series came up with BA!!!!

Well..being a Tom Clancy game there should be at least some element of realism...I think....

Don't think there is hope for any true realism, since this game was also targeted specifically at the console crowd. The moment a game is targeted at consoles, nothing but lose hope for any decent sense of realism. Majority of these are the group of people who are NOT going to spend hours learning just to take-off (something some of us have to do in other games like LOMAC, Falcon 4.0 and stuff).

Edited by kct

I just hope it's nothing like Blazing Angels...

BA had only stunning visuals...apart from that it was a total disaster, IMHO...

It's hard to believe that the same company that created the IL-2 series came up with BA!!!!

Well..being a Tom Clancy game there should be at least some element of realism...I think....

Well, that's like saying the same company that came up with Star Trek came up with Last Call with Carson Daly (NBC).

Ubisoft published both BA and Il-2, but Oleg's 1C in Moscow developed Il-2 while Ubi Bucharest, I think, made BA and now HAWX.

Speaking as a member here who is in an FPS squad since '00 and a flight sim squad since '04 I don't hold high hopes for this game. They ruined the Ghost Recon series, GRAW 1 just plain sucked and GRAW2 could have been fantastic. Except for lack of content for the PC. Any of you that hope to have anything other than arcade for PC will be greatly disappointed. UBI does not support it's PC gamers. For instance, GRAW2 on console got a huge map pack while us PC dudes are stuck with the same 9 maps. UBI could have had another game of the year (like it did with Ghost Recon and it's number one selling expansions Desert Siege and Island Thunder). UBI is more interested in catering to the console crowd, getting the title out and getting the money. Their lack of support for PC is (in)famous. In fact, Ravenshield people are on year 4 waiting for a patch to fix what was extremely broken after a previous patch.

What UBI is good at is marketing and CG rendered movies. The odds are good that the game will look very similar to that movie, GRAW2 looked like it's CG movies. UBI's PC games have been dumbed down to levels matching what you can expect for console. If you liked the Ace Combat series or BA you'll most likely love this release. Otherwise I wouldn't recommend wasting a dollar on this title.

Well, to be fair GRAW was made by GRIN which is as you say infamous for ignoring its beta testers. I never played Blazing Angels, so I can't say what it's like.

I want RSE back. Was Raven Shield the last thing they did? Or was it GR1? I remember Ubi Montreal created Black Thorn at the same time GR1 came out, and we then had 2 expansion packs for it.

Really the main issue is people accepted playing FPS games with a gamepad so the consoles became a viable path, unfortunately. When mouse+keyboard was your only choice, PC FPS were big. Now even PC-only FPS games are becoming the minority! That makes flight sims on the PC a niche within a niche and these companies just aren't interested in that.

I don't know how you can call a gamepad a viable path for FPS control, or any game with any degree of complexity or precision.

At first I didn't like GRAW, but it grew on me. But support for it is just about par for any large company these days. It's not "cost efficient" or something like that to the accountants. That's why I buy so few games now, I'm so fed up with EA and Ubi treating PC games like s**t that it takes something like Crysis to actually buy a game of theirs.

****ing Blazing Angels. That game was impossible to deal with.

Hopefully H.A.W.X. won't control like a drunken bathtub.

If a gamepad wasn't viable, there wouldn't be any FPS games on consoles, because no one would be able to play them.

With the release of the first Halo the writing was on the wall for us PC FPS'ers that have been playing with m+kb (or if you go back far enough, kb only! No mouse support in Wolf 3D and I never used it in Doom).