Sign in to follow this  
The Crunge

Saitek X-52 HOTAS Config

Hello All,

I'm just about to start the tutorials for Falcon and start playing and I want to program my flightstick, 2 questions;

• I went into the setup for Falcon, I chose a function, like lock next target, and it says that is already programmed to button 4, or whatever it was do I want to change it. So if the joystick buttons are allready programmed by default, where is this documented so I can see what is programmed and what is not.
  • Suppose I want to use the SST programing software that came with the stick, do I need to unbind all the stick buttons first? If so how? this seems confusing and I'm rather shocked that the whole process of programming the stick is not easier to understand (like LOMAC)

• Any advise?

Hi,

I have a X-52 Profile that I downloaded from somewhere. It was supose to work with all vertions of Falcon and it had a Falcon AF specific version. But some of the commands it has were not in FalconAF so I tweaked it a little to my personal taste and tried to make it even more like the real F-16 HOTAS (the original download was already very good at that) I got help from http://www.xflight.de/ for this, great reference page!

Unfortunatly I cannot upload or send you my x-52 profile and the modified keystroke file (with items from that other profile I downloaded) until a couple days from now since they are at my PC at home and I shouldn't go there before then. Also the profile Isn't quite perfect yet, there's a couple more functions I think I can and should squeze in. As it is dificult to have the x-52 programed exactly like the real F-16 Hotas, one reason beeing the F-16 Hotas has 5 HATs the x-52 only has 3. of Course we have the shift states ,and we need them! Because if you like me don't have a TrackIR you'll actually be needing 6 HATs.

Like I said it ins't quite finished yet but it's certanly usable and close to real F-16 HOTAS operations, ans close as X-52 and FalconAF allow any way.

If interested drop me a PM and I'll get back to you in a couple days.

Hi,

I have a X-52 Profile that I downloaded from somewhere. It was supose to work with all vertions of Falcon and it had a Falcon AF specific version. But some of the commands it has were not in FalconAF so I tweaked it a little to my personal taste and tried to make it even more like the real F-16 HOTAS (the original download was already very good at that) I got help from http://www.xflight.de/ for this, great reference page!

Unfortunatly I cannot upload or send you my x-52 profile and the modified keystroke file (with items from that other profile I downloaded) until a couple days from now since they are at my PC at home and I shouldn't go there before then. Also the profile Isn't quite perfect yet, there's a couple more functions I think I can and should squeze in. As it is dificult to have the x-52 programed exactly like the real F-16 Hotas, one reason beeing the F-16 Hotas has 5 HATs the x-52 only has 3. of Course we have the shift states ,and we need them! Because if you like me don't have a TrackIR you'll actually be needing 6 HATs.

Like I said it ins't quite finished yet but it's certanly usable and close to real F-16 HOTAS operations, ans close as X-52 and FalconAF allow any way.

Please send it to szore2006@gmail.com

THANX!

As I'm just now buying an X-52 Pro, I too would appreciate your sending me a copy of your profile...if it's not too much trouble.

Hi,

Hi

Made a profile the suited me.

Did not use the three mode settings, as it seemed more confusing than just keep pressing the keyboard when it got hot.

Cannot upload it. I am "not permitted to upload this type of file".

email soevrup@mail.tele.dk if you want to chek my x52 profile out.

Blue sky and happy hunting.