Sign in to follow this  
feldwebel

Is the game supposed to run a little slowish?

F4:AF runs a little slow. I have more than a good enough computer to run it on the highest settings that it can go. I am in campaign mode and when watching other planes, the '8' key, they seem to be running a little choppy/slow. Also, sometimes when I am cycling through planes they show up as triangles for 3 seconds and then the model is finally loaded and I see it for what it is.

Is this normal?

Also, is there a way to configure the campaign so that I can do mostly

Air-to-air instead of a2g.

F4:AF runs a little slow. I have more than a good enough computer to run it on the highest settings that it can go. I am in campaign mode and when watching other planes, the '8' key, they seem to be running a little choppy/slow. Also, sometimes when I am cycling through planes they show up as triangles for 3 seconds and then the model is finally loaded and I see it for what it is.

Is this normal?

Yep I get that

Being a 10 year old game in some respects - I believe its to do with the game using your main CPU to process most of the graphics rather than handing it off to the GPU on the graphics card.

Basically to run it faster you need a "dual core" main CPU (which it is programmed to utilize)

Also, is there a way to configure the campaign so that I can do mostly

Air-to-air instead of a2g.

You can either move the sliders in the campaign settings so your squadron is assigned more A-A missions - however this may mean you losing the campaign overall - depending on the overall effect it has. (pick a squadron that is not just A-G)

You can just schedule your own Barcap,DCA, Intercept etc mission yourself if you have some jets available in your squadron

You can also manually set up any mission you like for any other NATO squadron if you like (you will need to select the relevent weapons for them too!)- in fact managing the actual campaign becomes a requirement eventually. Some people can shorten the campaign a lot by managing a lot of it themselves (although you really dont have to bother if you dont want!)

Bear in mind that in the first couple of days of a campaign you will be doing both A-A and A-G in every mission whether you like it or not. SOmetimes you will just have to jettison your A-g weps and get out of there.

I do have a dual core I just dunno if both are being used or what.

Edited by feldwebel