My good friends,

HELP HELP HELP!!! I am having problems with EF2000. The pilot on my EF2000 is sitting below the cockpit and I have no afterburner affects? I have tried searching the thread for answers because I remember reading on this forum that someone had the same problems that I have.

Current seat postion is 0.0, 3.777, 1.166 I try to change the numbers but no luck?

As for the afterburners...?

Thanks

Sounds like you didn't install the RAF pilot that was part of the Typhoon package. :wink:

IIRC the afterburner effect used by the Typhoon is that of the F-15E addon. You have two opinions now, either d/l the F-15E or edit the Typhoon_data by replacing 'F15EAfterburnerEmitter' with 'AfterburnerEmitter'.

Thanks for this great plane, great work ! :clapping:

A dream has come truth !

Greg

Gentleman,

Thanks for the information... I will make the changes now...

Cheers

Pilot is in the cockpit and the afterburner is roaring loud! Thanks again gang... :biggrin:

Someone posted an edited data.ini, I think, that modified a few of the flight characteristics (corner speed, cruise speed, stall) and seemed to help with the wingman crashing problem. Can anyone point me to that file?

Or did I just make that up? :smile:

Craig,

Great work. Got it to work the first time in WoE. Thanks for the clear README.

Storm

Hi this is the first time i've downloaded 1 of these add-ons and i'm not sure how to actually use it. :dntknw:

I have WoE, and i've heard that this add-on is for WoI, so what do i need to do to be able to use it?

You can use it as it is in WOE you will have some more options in WOI but when the new patches are out you have the same stuff in WOE too so doesn`t matter where you install it ;-)

Ok, but i dont even know how to install it in the first place. :dntknw:

That probably sounds stupid but i've never done this before.

Ok, but i dont even know how to install it in the first place. :dntknw:

That probably sounds stupid but i've never done this before.

I assume you have winrar to decompress the files you've downloaded, right ?

When you have extracted the files, inside one of the folders will be a readme text file.

Read that, it gives you the instructions on how to add the aircraft and other bits etc.

Sometimes you have some addons without readme file so here are basic instructions for you

1. you have a Aircraft,weapons folder in your object folder in WOE, c:/WOE/Object/Aircraft <---example you copy after unziping the file your Aircraft, "Typhon" into this .../object/Aircraft folder

2.Pilots have to be put into the aircraft folder too, but you don`t nee another folder cause u can use them for every plane so put the lod and BMP files into this folder.

3. Add weapons to the sim, u need the weapons editor, instructions included, if it doesn`t start.. go to weaponseditor, right mousbutton for settings and set compatibility to Win98 2000 I think not sure and it will work.

Adding weapons is described in the readmes. When you have add a weapon via described prcedure you have to start the weaponseditor and load the weaponsdata.ini can find this in the weapons folder. Load it.. and save it so the weapon is verifit in this ini and you can load it in the sim.

This text needed more time to write than adding an aircraft,pilot and weapon needed together!!! so no big deal.. good luck!

That worked! Thank you very much. However, i still can't get the right weapons for the Typhoon. Do you know how to solve this problem? I also can't seem to get the afterburner effect.

hey great plane first of all, i followed your directions from this forum on fixing the pilot and afterburners which worked great, however i followed the directions in the readme for the fuel tanks and i cant get them to work, they dont appear in the loadout screen, just to recap dropped the fuel tank .LOD and BitMap into WOI weapons folder the cut and pasted .ini data into the weaponsdata folder, have i done this correctly?

Yup.

Now all you need to do is the last step in the readme, open up the newly changed WeaponsData.ini in the Weapons Editor, and save it.

That will create the WaponsData.dat that is needed for the sim to use it.

Make sure you use the newer editor for WoI, as the older version will cause grief.

Hmm, setting up FM's is difficult stuff, I have to say it's beyond my full grasp, I would never have released this if I had to wait until it was complete, I am relying on you guys to give it a shake down and point me to where things need tuning, in addition I am hoping to gain the support of some of our resident experts to assist in this task.

I did release this a bit early but i felt I had to in order to make progress on it.

You release it, I'll fly it. Bitching and moaning aside, great job!

This is a great piece of work indeed.

I've been using it for a while now with no problems except the shimmying at supersonic speed.

Has anyone figured out a workaround or .ini tweak to correct this ?

It occures to me, should I/we undo the changes that were made to get this to work in WOE/WOV, now that the new patch is out?

Or will that cause a ctd?

Anyone got any ideas?

Obviously. Just unrar/unzip the rar/zip you downloaded and overwrite the ones you have in your install.

Well, uh, I haven't try it myself, just to be sure, but since the other previously WoI-exclusive features works now...

I gots a question, no idea if this has been answered already, but when i start to fly past 500kts , my aircraft starts to shake rapidly forcing me to fly less than 500kts so i can fly level. Is there any fix for this, or am i just going to have to make do with the shaking?

to be honest the fix for this is still beyond my abilities, I'm still hoping one of the really talented modders has had a look into it.

Hmm I don't remember this happening on EF2000 since Sep patches, playing on Hard FM...

Hmm I don't remember this happening on EF2000 since Sep patches, playing on Hard FM...

Yeah, im fully up to date on the Patches, and i fly on hard mode, so, i guess for now im stuck with the shaking lol