Sign in to follow this  
Stick

A Typhoon at Tea-time

I took her through her paces. Over the alps and against a posse of Fulcrums. Beat the s**t out of them even though we were outnumbered 4-16. I was even honoured by the queen for my valour.

I tried the cobra. She'll do it without a murmur of protest.

Hats off sah!!!

Edited by Stick

This is good news indeed sir, I'm glad that at least for some the performance is working well.

Had a quick spin myself. What I've seen so far I like....Many thanks Craig :clapping::clapping:

One question before I get carried away with editing if I read the readme correctly are you saying the drop tanks won't work in WOE ?

Thanks Again !

Stick I hope you don't mind me jumping in on your thread to answer snakemans question, but its a quick answer, the drop tanks will work with WOE/WOV etc... it's just the text entry I included is for the WOI verion of the weapondata.ini, there are extra lines in a WOI entry which I dont know how they affect in the other series, simple answer would be to look at a WOE wepondata entry for a fuel tank and delete lines which dont appear in WOE versions.

Quick question Craig - the canopy and refuel probe - what makes them open and close?

Took my EFA for a spin and the first thing that happened was the canopy opening and refuel probe popping out - couldn't get them back in.

Was a bit drafty at 30,000ft :)

Very nice plane by the way.

Cheers,

Battler

Odd, they are set up as manually activated animations, somehow you have something activating your assigned animation keys I would guess.

Hmmm - haven't setup anything deliberately.

Seems to happen when I press P-for-Pause.

Anyhow, I've disabled the animations in the _DATA.INI.

Now getting some airtime in. She flies real nice.

Thanks for getting back to us Craig.

Messing with the Flankers.

Hey Stick,

I enjoyng this thread, nice to see people having fun with this and sharing, thats what it was created for, just wanted to ask, are you a WOI owner? what do you think of the new aggressive AI when put in charge of a Typhoon, Myself have been amazed, I dont think I did anything in particular to make this, just seemed to be a pure accident, what I'm saying is sometimes when I order my wingmen to go in they don't leave anything for me.

Nope on WOE; thats actually the theatre it should be in. But I got the advanced AI thanks to Christian59 and Warlord ATF;tweaked it a little more so that now every time I shoot or sneak up on them they will take evasive action no matter whether they are rookie or ace. And sometimes I learn from the wingman now.

Here shooting an ASRAAM over the Black forest.

And then flaming Ivan going down with the sunset.

Edited by Stick