hey!i got this game just a few hours back ,but i must say it didnt exactly meet my expectations...theres no training in it and moreover theres simply no way u can vert take off a harrier!!(or is there..?)since i didnt find anything in the controls section that may suggest otherwise...

Im assuming you are talking about WOE because you mention the Harrier. Try using the numberpad 9 and 3 Keys to rotate the nozzles and if you have a bombload forget it, the real harrier cant do a vertical takeoff with a bombload.

hey!i got this game just a few hours back ,but i must say it didnt exactly meet my expectations...theres no training in it and moreover theres simply no way u can vert take off a harrier!!(or is there..?)since i didnt find anything in the controls section that may suggest otherwise...

Its a killer game.it will grow on you. Our Sea Harriers are also available to download either here or otherwise definitely at column5. There are MiGs Sukhoi's Raptors Blackwidows-the whole bevy baby! And look for the post for the advanced AI it will knock your socks off if you're unimpressed.(hmm... are you're settings on hard? coz thats the only way its meant to be played.)

VTOL only works in Normal and Hard flight models, in easy mode it behaves like a normal aircraft.

hold down the shift key and use the - and = keys (next to the backspace) to point the nozzles (or change these to more accessable keys)

And give the game a chance, it'll grow on you.

How much weight the Harrier has also effects it's preformance.

I swear-the more i read that I almost take offence; coz no sim has held my interest the way this one has. But everyone to his own poison.

Edited by Stick

I swear-the more i read that I almost take offence; coz no sim has held my interest the way this one has. But everyone to his own poison.

Yeah. It is surprising. I mean after my first flight in the F-105 in Wings over Europe I fell in love with it.

Yeah. It is surprising. I mean after my first flight in the F-105 in Wings over Europe I fell in love with it.

dude the thing is i have grown up with il21946 and lomacs...so maybe thats y..woe is quite old u know..btw whts ur opinion on woi?

you can, set internal fuel to 50% and no stores ....

the vertical part of VSTOL is mainly for the landing.... , starts are done the old fashioned way...

dont forget, it is meant to be a light, casual, fun game with nifty airplanes in it ...

lol "light, casual, fun game with nifty airplanes in it"... straight from TK (the developer)'s mouth. :biggrin:

For controls... look at thrust vectoring... indispensable if you want to take off vertically.

dude the thing is i have grown up with il21946 and lomacs...so maybe thats y..woe is quite old u know..btw whts ur opinion on woi?

No it's nowhere near LOMAC or IL-2, but it's as said, a way to fly nifty planes and have fun. WoI is much better as the FM is much improved. I mean it's just there to have fun, and even though I'm a LOMAC fan, I still fly WoI since I can fly other nifty planes and have fun :smile: