I posted this over @ Thirdwire but no joy. So I'll try here.

Is there a way to eliminate some of the object pop-up effect around and on the airfields? I noticed you can see the cities far off in the distance, but when looking at an airfield you can only see the taxi-way and runways until you're almost on top of them.

I know this is more then likely part of the design to help performance, but would like to bump the distance out a little further if possible.

thanks for your time.

Bill

Everything on High/Unlimited

Are you talking about the engine not rendering objects within a certain distance?

You can edit the individual terrain's terrainnamehere_TYPES.ini (MaxVisibleDistance= I think it's meters), or sometimes you'll have different LODs for different distances (i.e. LOD_1 which has the most LOD is only visible from 200 meters away, after which LOD_2 takes over, which has less detail), which you can edit in the objectnamehere.ini.

Another thing you might want to check is the FlightEngine.ini, which lets you configure graphic settings more than the menu... look at these lines:

[GraphicsSettings]

ZBufferDepth=24

MaxVertexCount=16384

MaxIndexCount=32768

MaxTextureCount=16384

MaxModelType=2048

MaxMeshPerScene=2048

MaxModelPerScene=4096

MaxLightPerScene=1024

AspectRatio=1.333333

MinPixelSize=1.0

(above is copied out of the KB)

You can edit these to your specifications- assuming your computer can handle it.

:good:

Thanks for the reply jtin!

Your response pointed me in the right direction. The files that you need to edit are the "object.ini" files located in the IsraelME.cat.

Example "HANGAR1.INI"

[LOD001]

Filename=hangar1.lod

Distance=30000 <--- This dictates the distance this object will render to.

[shadow]

CastShadow=TRUE

ShadowCastDist=500

MaxVisibleDistance=1500

----------------------------

Example "AIRFIELD1.INI"

[LOD001]

Filename=airfield1.lod

Distance=15000 <---- The max distance this .lod will be rendered.

[LOD002]

Filename=airfield1_lod002.lod

Distance=20000

[LOD003]

Filename=airfield1_lod003.lod

Distance=25000

[LOD004]

Filename=airfield1_lod004.lod

Distance=30000

By increasing these numbers I can now see these objects at further distances. Visually improves the sim for me. It does impact frame rate, so some trial and error will need to be done to find that sweet spot for your system.

Pinch