Sign in to follow this  
Bongodriver

public appology

I recieved a PM from a member who I guess wanted remain annonymous, with regards to my recently released Typhoon, we have mutually blocked each other so I cant contact them via PM to explain my actions here now, perhaps a friend of this person can point them towards this, the content was as follows;

you know its annoying i am designing a few of the Ace Combat futuristic Fighters

and i'm going to post very soon.

EF2000?

why post it if its not ready?

Why even have it in the modern aircraft download if its not ready

I mean a little courtesy comrade!

Don't post if its just fricken eye-candy!

I am not posting this to gain sympathy, I would like to make a full and public appology to this member for my choice of language in my response, my sentiment remains unchanged that it was a bit rude and unfair to make such a statement, but nevertheless an appology is due to this member and I hope they can findit in themselves to forgive me.

Sincerely

Craig

Edited by craigbrierley

I want He's head! :diablo:

anyway, if you reveal he's name the community will have a public enemy ;)

Edited by Silverbolt

I recieved a PM from a member who I guess wanted remain annonymous, with regards to my recently released Typhoon, we have mutually blocked each other so I cant contact them via PM to explain my actions here now, perhaps a friend of this person can point them towards this, the content was as follows;

I am not posting this to gain sympathy, I would like to make a full and public appology to this member for my choice of language in my response, my sentiment remains unchanged that it was a bit rude and unfair to make such a statement, but nevertheless an appology is due to this member and I hope they can findit in themselves to forgive me.

Sincerely

Craig

Craig,

Like most everywhere, there are those who fail to have a sense of perspective signed on and mixing derogatory commentary along with the reviews that are more positive. Something that the public forum invites. Look at the overwhelming support you've been given by this community and our grateful thanks for your efforts and time. The negative commentary is usually driven by tinges of jealousy. Most of the good folks here have loved your work and the tweaks here and there are just part of moving your project from the design stage to the operational stage. I, for one, stand in awe of your work and all the other modders who contribute here. Don't let the nit-pickkers get you down, because in their secret little rooms they, too, are loving your work. Some people just cannot bring themselves to just say "Thanks".

I thank the good Lord that I don't stand in the shadows with them. Keep up the good work.

Guest Bounder

don't let um bother you most times the one tossing crap don't know how to make one alone,or even has a clue how long it takes to make one. If he had some sense, if he don't like it just don't upload it . If he is not trying to help fix it just dont use it in your game thats all,.

Edited by Bounder

If Mr Anon has another version to add, the more the merrier I say. The next iteration will be looked forward to. There are many ways to skin a cat, as the actress said to the bishop......... although quite why an actress was discussing cat skinning with a bishop is another story.

Sorry, a bit obtuse. In other words, people are enjoying your work, and will continue to do so. Doubtless when Anon releases his version, it will be enjoyed also, should it be so enjoyable.

Good work.

Edited by Hinchinbrooke

Craig,

No need to apologize. The PM you got from this member was rude and frankly, uncalled for....period.

Mr Anon,

I have a very strong idea who you are.

If I see a posting like this again, PM or not, I will make every effort to convince the admins to have you gone so fast you'll appear to be redshifted.

FastCargo

I'm on your six FC.

If you don't get him, I will.

I as sick to f***ing death of some of this crap ... guy bust his sack getting these thing done and out for general usage -for free, gratis, no charge, and folks do things like???

Nope, not while I'm still above ground....

Mr. Anon -- consider youreself warned -- first and ONLY

Wrench

kevin stein

What kind of a person is gonna insult someones work right after its released???? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH THE PEOPLE ON THIS SITE NOWADAYS!!! If u have constructive critisism then thats ok, but dont start ripping someone work right off the bat, because thats straight up F*$NG BU#$@(#*! You wanna do that go somewhere else, have a little bit of respect for people that bring these awesome mods already, HOW MANY TIMES HAS THIS BEEN COVERED OR WILL HAVE TO BE COVERED??????? Its gettin old seriously.

Craig, I've read that message over and over again, and I still can't believe that someone actually went out of their way to write that to you. I so would have gone SF on that guy's @$$ and jacked him up! People are very lucky that the most interactivity that can be done on the internet is digital contact only. If I could teleport myself through the internet... it would give a whole new meaning to a world of hurt. Craig, don't apoplogize, 'cause I'm sure I would probably have done a lot more, and I wouldn't apologize for it. Infact, I would have dragged this guy's name out to the admins and make a request to have him banned, 'cause people like that are what make modders more resistant to releasing their fine works to the public... for free. Your EF 2000 is definately a piece of fine work, so you have every right to take a stand and defend it. There is a big difference between constructive criticism and trash talk. What you got from this person was trash talk, and there is no way in hell that is justified for any reason here.

Thank you to the folks showing support for my work, seems most of the US Military and one angry Brazillian have got my back :haha: , seriously though I think a significant cross section of this community have showed their feeling on this topic and it reflects my initial feeling, nevertheless this remains a public appology to this member who will strictly remain annonymous, a person must stick to their convictions, I expected a constructive criticism, I must therefore be as good as my own expectations, my response was colourfull and equally rude.

thank you again

What is incredible is that Craig is still apologizing for his righteous reaction to that pm.

You should be the one getting apologies.

On the other hand, seems that the ability of being nice, understanding, wanting to find an agreement without a fight, controlling the big urges of shooting and breaking someone's neck, well this ability is really not spread equally among mankind. Some have too much, some have too little. I know that very well.

Edited by Canadair

Yes but...

The moral here is that, despite my apparent capacity for understandig and forgiveness, a simple and what's the word... knee-jerk type reaction has had undesireable results, I had one member here in a PM who has showed a rare wisdom, made me realise that things are not allways black and white, I sadly realised too late, go to the what-if forum and you will see the bizzarre turn of events, so this matter is more or less closed, with apologies cancelling each other out to a neutal state.

Yes but...

The moral here is that, despite my apparent capacity for understandig and forgiveness, a simple and what's the word... knee-jerk type reaction has had undesireable results, I had one member here in a PM who has showed a rare wisdom, made me realise that things are not allways black and white, I sadly realised too late, go to the what-if forum and you will see the bizzarre turn of events, so this matter is more or less closed, with apologies cancelling each other out to a neutal state.

Yes I ve seen that post. What happened is that your kind and reconciling reaction ignited a flame-war and strong comments which most likely will end up in having someone leave the community, ultimately leaving us without his mods, and with bittered feelings on either side. It has already happened in a few cases.

Big feelings, Big feelings. Been there

Edited by Canadair

I'll stay on your wing Craig! :good:

Dash 3 Checkin in with flight lead, i am on ur wing

Craig, you just tell me who this anon is, I'll kick his ass so bad he wouldn't be able to sit on his butt for a year.

You guys will have to pick his pieces with a teaspoon!!!!!!!! :diablo:

Edited by Mannie

Hey Mannie, it's OK it doesn't need to go that far, turns out to end as a sad affair and no good has really come of it, I kind of hope this thread can end now, but reamain as a timely reminder of how simple actions can have far reaching effects, politics and ugly stuff like that raise their heads and the rest becomes history....

Granted what that guy said was stupid, but isn't everyone getting just a little too worked up over such a tiny thing?

Hey Mannie, it's OK it doesn't need to go that far, turns out to end as a sad affair and no good has really come of it, I kind of hope this thread can end now, but reamain as a timely reminder of how simple actions can have far reaching effects, politics and ugly stuff like that raise their heads and the rest becomes history....

It was just my way of saying "I'm on your side". :biggrin:

Cheers man.

PS. With this mod you have made, You have really made me a happy man. Thanks. :good:

Craig you should be proud of the support you've received and have given with your latest release. With that I hope everything can return to a more normal state of alert. I hope closing this thread will allow us all to get back to what we enjoy, some fun. :grin: