I've heard that the "fusing distance" parameter in the weapon INIs is the distance until the weapon arms itself. Is there a way to simulate a proximity fuse? I've been reading about the AIM-9 in Vietnam, and how it would explode when the prox fuse went off. I've never seen this in WOV, so I was wondering if it was possible.

You might also want to look at this line:

ArmingTime=

You might also want to look at this line:

ArmingTime=

How is the ArmingTime different from the FusingDistance variable? Does fusing distance mean distance to target or from launching aircraft?

Thanks for the help...I haven't messed with weapons much.

Arming time is time after launch/release to arm the weapon. Fusing distance is the proximity value. Here's a pic of the Wasserfall with a Fusing distance of 50.0 meters.

w8.jpg

AHHHH...so I can set the Sidewinders fuse for 9m (I think that's what I read it was set to...time to do some research). Thanks again. Now...do a2a missiles have shrapnel damage? I'm at work and can't mess with the weapon editor right now.

Now...do a2a missiles have shrapnel damage?

There is a Shrapnel callout in the missileobject.ini, but it's only for visual effects.

Hmmmm....not sure about shrapnel effects. Those are possibly controlled in the different explosion effects in the ParticleSystems.ini. In the case of Wasserfall I just upped the warhead weight until I got the damage effects I wanted.

edit...Ha, Ed beat me to it. So since most of the AIM-9s are set to 1m you may have to up the charge a little to compensate?

Thanks again...when I get home, I'll mess around with it.

You can set the warhead type for "area dispersal" to simulate a fragmenting warhead, but I have not tested this...it may result in unrealistic damage potential.