I have Windows VISTA (Home edition) system and I have a problem with WOE, WOI, WWI and SFG. When I launch, everything is ok, but when I'm trying to press ESC button to finish my button, it quits from the game back to the system. Is there anway to repair this problem?

Topic seems to be gone...

Please fix it for me and all the other huys seeking for a fix for Vista. :good:

This is what I get:

The error returned was:

Sorry, some required files are missing, if you intended to view a topic, it's possible that it's been moved or deleted. Please go back and try again.

Possibly due to the fact I was re-arranging some of the KB Threads last night.

Why don't you just have a hop into the KB, and I'm sure you'll find it right off. Should be in the "Running the Basic Sim: FAQs and Issues" sub forum

http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?s=&am...st&p=141845

Wrench

kevin stein

Thats the point. It isn't there. The only topic that I can see in that area is:

Sticky: Changing Default Years in WOV/SF/WOE

Click on the link that Wrench just put up. The other is invisible as Wrench's is better.

Click on the link that Wrench just put up. The other is invisible as Wrench's is better.

I tried it soon after he posted it and it didn't work. But now it does! Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I hope the things said in there will solve the problem!

:good:

I tried it soon after he posted it and it didn't work. But now it does! Thanks for all the help guys, I really appreciate it. I hope the things said in there will solve the problem!

:good:

They do work as I am running on Vista.

Guest Sony Tuckson

This has been reported and "fixed" so many times....

The way Vista and the game handle the shadders (something within the video cards) are just not compatible

so those need to be disabled to run those DX9.0C versions fo the games...

TK announced he will release (no timeframe given don't ask) new versions of the games, using the DX 10 interface, as full games, not as patches. (and in december last year he even announced (was apparently not seen by many as no reactions occured) that those who bought the games via the online system will be allowed to download the DX 10 game for free

I have too Problems with Vista and WoE & WoI ...

WoE are too the "ESC" Problem and WoI (new Patch are installed) load to 60% and thats it ^^

I have read the linked Sticky but where do I get the .Cat Extractor ? Links ?

thx

Edited by Aircap

I have too Problems with Vista and WoE & WoI ...

WoE are too the "ESC" Problem and WoI (new Patch are installed) load to 60% and thats it ^^

I have read the linked Sticky but where do I get the .Cat Extractor ? Links ?

thx

Have you looked in the ThirdWire downloads section under 'Utilities/Editors'?

FastCargo

OMG, i'm blind :rolleyes: thx

Edit:

Do I have to do the changed files then again repack to tha .cat's (if yes, wich Tool ?) or do they get where differently Place ?

Edited by Aircap

*Push* :)

Put it back in the folder you extracted it from. You don't repack anything.

Ok, but aforesaid "ESC" problem still exists after the ini edits :(

VGA HD3870 Cat. 8.3, CPU Opteron DC 2.6GHZ, 2GiB RAM, Vista X86 SP1

Ok, but aforesaid "ESC" problem still exists after the ini edits :(

VGA HD3870 Cat. 8.3, CPU Opteron DC 2.6GHZ, 2GiB RAM, Vista X86 SP1

Did you save the file? Also what folder did you put it back into. I know this works as I am running Vista myself.

VISTA SUCKS for us gammers, i say break out your windows nt

I have Windows VISTA (Home edition) system and I have a problem with WOE, WOI, WWI and SFG. When I launch, everything is ok, but when I'm trying to press ESC button to finish my button, it quits from the game back to the system. Is there anway to repair this problem?

VISTA SUCKS for us gammers, i say break out your windows nt

That's not really true. My games run more stable and better with VISTA than with XP. I could never get the Interstate 76 game to run on XP, in any mode. With VISTA, like a charm. Go figure! :blink: The problem lies more with the programs and not with the OS. Some games have a very hard time with, for example, Duo-core proccessors, or the newer GFX cards. And it does not help that the VISTA drivers are always lacking. XP drivers were the same way when it came out. I remember when XP came out..." STAY WITH 98 or ME.......XP SUCKS!"

I have noticed another thing about people who have problems with VISTA, most of them have a "self-made computer" or they over-clock. Maybe the problems start there? Don't know.

DerAlte :pope:

Right, Vista runs better than XP and my Problems are fixed. I have reinstalled WoE, Patch, ini Edits -> all fine, thanx for Help :o)

@ DerAlte

Schönen Gruß aus DE ;)

Well, my computer just died and I was really dreading getting a new system because I wanted to go with Dell but in Canada they do not offer Vista anymore. People on this thread have really put my mind at ease now about Vista. I'm sure there will be challenges, but I'm feeling a lot more positive now about the move after looking at this thread. Thanks all.

Thank You all very much (special thanks to StormTrooper :good: ). It works :biggrin:

Edited by Hubertus

YEah I just got a Sager 2092 with a 2.5GHZ Pentium Duo core Processor, 4GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA 8600m GT graphics card. I installed the game and runs perfectly up until I try to start a mission then.....CTD!!!!!! I read about how TK was either going to patch the games to run with DX10, or re-release them with the capability to run with DX10, but it sucks since I leave September 15th for Boot Camp and I really want to play WOV on my laptop. BTW when does TK plan on releasing the DX10 compatible versions cause I need my WOV fix b4 I go insane!!!!!

YEah I just got a Sager 2092 with a 2.5GHZ Pentium Duo core Processor, 4GB of RAM, and an NVIDIA 8600m GT graphics card. I installed the game and runs perfectly up until I try to start a mission then.....CTD!!!!!! I read about how TK was either going to patch the games to run with DX10, or re-release them with the capability to run with DX10, but it sucks since I leave September 15th for Boot Camp and I really want to play WOV on my laptop. BTW when does TK plan on releasing the DX10 compatible versions cause I need my WOV fix b4 I go insane!!!!!

its not a patch its a new release. online store users can upgrade for free apparently. SF will come out in a couple of months and each other release one month later.